ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket ECU with fly by wire?

182 trackday racer
Hello!

Does anyone know about someone who have fitted a aftermarket ECU system to a Clio 182 and kept the fly by wire system? As far as I understand there are several modern ECU's (like motec m800) that support fly by wire throttle.

Regard // Mårten, Sweden

M

mini-valver

As far as I know the ECU companies wont let it run fly by wire for some insurance reason. Cable throttle is far better anyway. If going by your avatar, you have a 1.6 you can use a ph1 RSi throttle body.

the omex 600 series does support the fly by wire set up but due to insurance complications in the uk they dont recommend to use it and i should imagine there is a disclaimer on there too!

182 trackday racer
As far as I know the ECU companies wont let it run fly by wire for some insurance reason. Cable throttle is far better anyway. If going by your avatar, you have a 1.6 you can use a ph1 RSi throttle body.

Checking out some options since I am about to sell the 1.6 and get a 2005 182 instead.

the omex 600 series does support the fly by wire set up but due to insurance complications in the uk they dont recommend to use it and i should imagine there is a disclaimer on there too!

The car wount roll in the UK anyway. Dont like the thought of loosing the antispin fuelconsumption and other stuff.

M

mini-valver

Then what's your reasoning behind fitting an aftermarket ECU? Cable throttle is a must IMO!