ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket gear knob for Clio 172

Clio Sport 172
I wish to replace my standard Clio 172 gearknob with an aftermarket Momo leather stitched knob that I think would look great with the clolour scheme and exterior colour, as well as as a replacement for my existing knob which is damaged on the top. I am unsure whether it is possible to replace the gear knob however, due to the requirement to pull up the de tense when selecting reverse. The collar slides up into the standard gear knob, but Im sure that most of you are familiar with it. Is there any way around this, which would allow me to attach a regular 3 screw aftermarket gear knob by either eliminating the requirement of pulling up the ring when selecting reverse or altering my aftermarket gear knob in a way to make it fit? Does anyone have experience with replacing the standard gear knob on a clio sport? Thanks for reading this thread. :)

image_zps503bd0fa.jpg