ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aftermarket head unit wont power on

2010 Clio Dynamique
Hi. I've tried fitting an aftermarket pioneer stereo to my 2010 Clio. The unit just won't power on at all even though I've purchased the required wiring adaptor. I couldn't plug the aerial in as I need an adaptor for that. Does anyone think this could be the issue? Does the aerial lead act as an earth? Any help would be appreciated!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Checked with ignition on?

​You will have to double check the adaptor is directing the power through the correct pins

2010 Clio Dynamique
Tried it all, connected the new adaptor to the original head unit and it powers on fine, so I'm going with there's a fault with the new unit and take it back tomorrow. Pretty annoyed really!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yep it'll be CAN and proberbly the newer quad-lock connection.

You'll proberbly find the wiring back there is constantly live. The 12v accessory points are timed by the UCH/UPC though so you could use this as the accessory live.

2010 Clio Dynamique
Tried swapping the red and yellow wires around but to no avalil. Also bought one of these when I bought the unit. Still doesn't work but the old unit does work when I plug it in with that adaptor.

Not got a mates car you can try headunit in?

What adaptor did you buy? The one you've linked in the post above is merely an extender so is pointless.

Chances are being canbus it'll be needing an ignition feed. Ideally you need a multimeter so you can check its getting both 12v feeds.

So yea don't go all guns blazing into halfords claiming you got given a faulty unit. They'll be able to test it in there too.

Last edited: