ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket stereos how do you get them in??

Clio III - S 1.5dci
I have successfully sorted my Kenwood headunit with bluetooth controller and stakcontrols. The only problem is that when you have the kenwood adaptor wires connecting to the Aftermarket stalk control wires to the original wires you have alot of wires and connectors and i can't get the head unit it fully, it sticks out about 5-10mm. I can't seem to get my hand around the back either, there is plaenty of space above the stereo it just sopmehow getting them up there and pushing it in without them being pulled down!

Any advice??

Also the Kenwood front plastic surround is smaller than the original player, can you get bigger surrounds for this?

Thanks

ValverInBits
it's always a bit of a pain, but there is normally a large cavity behind there to the left and right of a central plastic support. Just takes time and possbily cable ties or tape to get the wires to fold behind the unit as you want them to

2003 Clio 1.4 16V
I'm about to embark on the same project mate. I've read that the easiest way to do it is to take the top of the dash off - thereby giving you much better access to where the headunit is. I've taken the original headunit out and there is a space above for all the wires to go (like you I will have stalk control harness as well so lots of wires!).

Have a quick search and you should find a guide for removing the dash - it doesn't look too challenging tbh. I'm fitting front components at the same time so taking the dash off is essential for what I'm doing anyway! Probably going to have a bash at it tonight so I will let you know how I get on.

With regard to the plastic surround - the one on my Pioneer unit looks like it will be a perfect fit - perhaps the Kenwood is different? As far as I know there are no aftermarket surrounds available.

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Thanks, it need a good plan of attack. Cable ties is a good idea, thanks - Just have to scrap my knuckles some more.

Do you know if you can get the fasica adaptors/surrounds for the new clio's?

Clio III - S 1.5dci
posted same time shiftydave.

Thde Clio is the new shape and there are no guides for removing them as yet, and i am not going to be a guinea pig :)

Going to have to do it as Point8 days!

Cheers