ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ag hd, bouncers satsuma rock, af temptation. Best first wax?

Clio
I'm looking to buy my first wax, looking to spend £20 - £40 which out of these is best? Pros/cons of each? Or any other suggestions?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Do you want ease of use, durability or glossy finish.

All waxes are very different and have their individual positives. It all depends on what the purchaser is looking for in their wax.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lot of variables chap. It's also a very small list. Likes of Lusso Oro missing as a show wax and many others.

AG HD is a great buy if you're looking for durability and can't be bothered waxing every month.

PH2 Flamer
I've got hd wax, can't fault it. But thought I'd try another wax.

Just ordered some bouncers 22, as it was recommended. Cheap enough too, if I don't get on with it.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Me personally would have satsuma rock, but get application wrong by leaving it too long and / or apply too thick and it can by awkward to use. I lent it to a friend and he got it very wrong lol.

​Temptation is pretty bombproof from my little sample but doesn't last all that long.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I found temptation a real ar*ehole to get off though... Might have just been me.
Otherwise seems very good.

Last edited:
  Clio
Me personally would have satsuma rock, but get application wrong by leaving it too long and / or apply too thick and it can by awkward to use. I lent it to a friend and he got it very wrong lol.

​Temptation is pretty bombproof from my little sample but doesn't last all that long.
​by getting it wrong do you mean just a t**t to buff off or start again sort of jobby

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
AG HD sounds like most people's first wax it was mine but I think I'd go for dodo rainforest rub as its so easy to use.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
AG HD sounds like most people's first wax it was mine but I think I'd go for dodo rainforest rub as its so easy to use.

Another lovely wax. Purple Haze is still one of my favourite waxes. Changed how I viewed waxes when I first started detailing.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't seam to get on with purple haze it collects up like little balls of wax:-/ so far rainforest rub is my favourite wax looking forward to seeing what the pro one is like.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I keep recommending it but for the price and ease of use I really don't think you can beat bouncers 22. Very easy to apply / remove, gives a brilliant shine and flake pop aswell as lasting 3-4 months when washed weekly.

Clio
ok so I've been looking at dodo rainforest rub, and seen dodo hard candy, which is apparently pretty much just a harder version of rainforest rub, which is most recommended? which gives the best results in terms of looks? durability isn't something I'm too worried about

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Hard or soft I found ddj waxes to give up at 2 to 3 months.

for the money bouncers22 will give better results, as will the others you mentioned

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Toughcoat does give a more waxy finish than your traditional sealant. Water behaviour is kind of between the two also.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I keep recommending it but for the price and ease of use I really don't think you can beat bouncers 22. Very easy to apply / remove, gives a brilliant shine and flake pop aswell as lasting 3-4 months when washed weekly.

+1
Disproves the myth of 'sealants for flake, wax for depth' etc.

Although, it is sort of a hybrid in composition apparently!