ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ah stripes or no stripes

Finally decided on racing blue after at least 2 months of sleepless nights but deciding if stripes are a good idea is going to finish me off.

Any thoughts guys??

ex Clio 172 owner :(

I hated them at first, but after seeing them on a few 182s I think they look pretty good.

Trouble is, those not in the know will think they look very boy racer.

If I could afford one, though I like the stripes, I would go without.

Quote: Originally posted by Purdy182 on 20 April 2005

Yeah i thought that too about people thinking they were put on aftermarket like some bot racer.
lol, yeh and you dont wanna look like a bot racer

most definetly not. Also my companies paying for it and i think i may pushing the boundries of an appropriate and sensible car aspecialy with stripes.

Black Gold 182

I saw my first racing blue 182 ever at a dealership earlier today, it had the stripes and I thought it looked fantastic! The racing blue really needs to be seen in the flesh to be appreciated, top colour.

i personally think they look awsome, at first i thought they were some aftermarket bodge jobs but they have grown real quick on me!!!

i say get em mate but the end of the day decision is yours

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

i like them now....never used to....you have to see them in the flesh to appreciate them....IMO...:D

Must say I hated them when I first got my 182... Wish I had them them on mine now. They look great on the road.

Stripes all day long!!

Ive got them, you know it makes sense! Its a crime to have racing blue without the stripes!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

some days i want them other days i dont.... cant make my mind up really...

i think my 182 looks lairy enough anyway without

if you like them go for it!

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

i think the 182 stripes look too narrow, i like the offset idea, but i think they would be better if they were wider with a narrower gap (festa st) . but still off set to the n/s

Quote: Originally posted by benji&eka on 20 April 2005

i think the 182 stripes look too narrow, i like the offset idea, but i think they would be better if they were wider with a narrower gap (festa st) . but still off set to the n/s
Kinda breaking the tradition of the whole idea behind it though if they went all ST style!

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

nah wouldnt get them,,,,,,look a bit silly imo, think the 182 looks good enough without them tbh...

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I was on the M1 the other week and you could quite clearly see a racing blue 182 with stripes coming the other way. definately stands out from the crowd :)

RB182cup&golf gti

mate the blue looks bare without the stripes, took mine for a spin today and the amount of heads it turns is quality! love it, stripes everytime!!

RB182cup&golf gti

i was in two minds whether or not to get them, i had a mate with me when i bought the car and he reckoned they were a must so i persuauded the dealer to chuck em in. It really does turn heads, if i hadnt got the car id say no dont tacky, but you have to see em in the flesh and they do look awesome.

i dont think they look tacky on the racing blue, it really suited it, made me regret not having them, and made me regret selling mine