ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ahhh scratched my alloys!

wsc

1.2 16v Extreme 3, 2005
First major scratch, any tips on what to do? Something cheap.
I was thinking of just painting it over? Any ideas how and what to use?

btw I know I won't get a perfect solution, just want something semi-decent.

Thanks

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 23
  • photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 19
  • photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 16
Find the right match of paint, Probably get it from halfords, Get a can of that, Grey primer and some clear laquer.

Mask off roughly, Not too close or it will stand out, Id sand the laquer back to the paint with 1500, Then you might have to use some body filler if the scratches are deep. Put that on and let it dry, Rub it back down.. Primer, Base colour then laquer (with good drying time in between coats)

Leave a few days for the laquer to cure then wet flat it with 2000 grit and polish it back up with Megs scratch X, Or better a medium cut polish compound.

Thats what id do anyway :)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
make sure you key up the wheel and blend the paint, o and use 240-250grit to smooth out the damage then 600-1200 grit over that then prime, sand down with 1200 wet, base coat (blend if you can), laquer, dust coat then a wet coat!
leave plenty of drying time inbetween coats