ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Bag Battery Query

Clio 1.4 RT 1993
Following a wheel alignment on my M reg Clio, I want to centralise the steering wheel. The airbag fitted is a "self contained" type with a battery assembly and I want to be able to do this without using a dummy ignition module ELE 1288 because it seems hardly worth it for this once only job. I assume this should not take more than 10 minutes at the most but my query is :- How much life does the battery have. Should I be able to complete the task in this time and before the battery runs out. Any advice would be very welcome

clio dci , ren8
If you are thinking you can take the steering wheel off turn it & put it back on you would be wrong as the wheel has a master spline & only goes on in one place .You adjust the wheel to the straight ahead position when setting the tracking on the rack arms .

Clio 1.4 RT 1993
Many thanks both of you. You have confirmed exactly what I thought when I had my tracking done ie. they should have centralised the steering wheel before doing the tracking. This was carried out by one of the National garages offering a 50% alignment discount, and although this should not have made any difference, I have probably got what I paid for. And yes, I was hoping to re align the steering wheel as you suggested but won't bother now. Unfortunately, I have left it too late to take it back to the garage and will get the tracking re-done when I can afford it.