ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air bag module.

Renult clio
My air bag module under the centre console needs replacing due to the air bag and service light been on perminantly, my mechanics saying we need a special code and it going to be in the hundreds to sort, bit i found a second hand one for £20 and was told its easy to fit so which is it? All help welcomed thank-you.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
If it's been set off in an impact, it can be sent off and reset. There's services on eBay that offer that.

Are you sure it's not just the seat wiring that's causing the service lights? It's very common.

Renult clio
No its not been invoved in a crash or airbags havent been deployed.apparently hes had it on dyafnostics tried several thing to cancel it off annd its tellung him its the one under the centre console.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Well if you plan on replacing it, make sure you do it with one that has the same part number or barcode on it. That way it won't need any coding to the car, it should be a straight swap.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Is this a mk2?

Pull out the cup holder and I bet you will find someone has spilt a drink all over the airbag module.