ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air bag resistor - 172 ph1

Clio 172 Ph1
What resistor should i use when removing driver (steering wheel) airbag on 172 Ph1??
I tried 1 ohm, 2.2 ohm, 4.7 ohm, 6.9 ohm, and light is still ON.

Clio 172 Ph1
I will try it.

I removed the steering wheel, but when i put it back together i have a problem. When i tighten up that torx 50 nut, my wheel is pushed against plastic and i can't turn it (it is hard).

I couldn't undo torx 50, so i hit it few times with hammer to loose up. Could i break something, although everything seems fine, except i don't know this:

Is this normal (on the pic) that this steering shaft enters the steering wheel only this little? Should it enter till the end??

Clio 172 Ph1
3.4-3.6ohm

I tried 3.6ohm and 3.3ohm and light is till on.
Must i maybe put resistor and then go to Renault to reset airbag light?

How you people with aftermarket steering wheels solve this light??

Clio 172 Ph1
Did you put it right away when you removed airbag? Before you started the car.

Because i drove without airbag for few days (with airbag on) and then tried to remove it with resistor.

PH1 172
Could try putting the resistor in place and then disconnecting the battery for 20mins to reset the ECU and see if the light goes off when you reconnect the battery and try and start the car