ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Blower not working

Renault Clio RS 197
Hey guys, I know it's not an RS, but I have a small problem with my Clio 1.2 16V.

I had a short circuit several weeks ago when I wanted to start the car (speedometer needles were shaking, some relays switched permanently etc.).

The - pole on the battery was oxidized. Cleaned, everything was working again. Except the ventilation.

When I set the temperature and switch to Auto, nothing happens. The display also shows that the ventilation is on 0. Even if I manually put it on max it doesn't work.

Then I suspected the series resistor, got a used (but working) one - replaced - unfortunately without success.

So then I suspected the fan motor. Removed, 12V on it, works. If I bypass the ground when everything is connected, the blower starts.

So what could be the reason for the error? Is there a relay that controls the blower? 12V are also applied to the blower plug. It is "only" not controlled.

Or if there is one, is the control unit lost due to the short circuit?

At these temperatures I would like to have a functioning ventilation and air conditioning. :D

Cheers.

Renault Clio RS 197
So I’ve been testing. One thing I noticed. If I connect Pin 1 and 5 together the auto levelling starts working? Is that supposed to happen? [emoji28]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk