ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air box Mount

Renault Clio 182
What is the bar called that runs up the side of the battery in a 182 that secures the air box. I cant find any and the 182 is missing it so the air box bounces around a lot.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Unsure what you mean when you say the "Bar" as the bar i have got does not hold my air box in.

There is two rubber bushes that come with the air box, One at the front and back.
Shown in the picture below is the bolts and the brackets that connect to the two bushes.
AIRBOX.gif

RB182
@MarcR

Can the bushes be purchased seperately?

My airbox seems to be missing the rear rubber bushing.
My airbox seems to have two spaces for the bushes (1 front and 1 rear) but they are open ended and seem as if a bush could just fall out (likely what happened with the rear)

In the diagram above I guess Ill need a no7 also, bolt by the looks of it.

Anyone got a clearer pic to see what the standard setup looks like in 'real life' ??

Edit found a pic..

$(KGrHqYOKnMFJjsGctvWBSdndtt3Dg~~60_14.JPG$T2eC16RHJHUFFisSw87qBSdnesb+l!~~60_58.JPG

cheers,

Ben

Last edited:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im sure the bushes come with the air box as i can't find them as a part or part number
The bushes have grooves / slits in them and the slide in and hold.

Here is the only picture i have

Pics006-1.gif

Don't buy new, find someone who is breaking a 1*2 and buy them.
Pop a wanted add in the wanted section with the picture which you have posted.