ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air box

BG 182
So I'm looking to service my 182, now my service book has full stamps, but I'm aware it's got an aftermarket k&n cone airfilter filter and no sign of the original air box.

I know if I took it for a service at a garage (to ensure I got a stamp) then they wouldn't touch the air filter.

The question is do I try and source an original air box and return it to standard, or just pick up a new cone filter, if the latter any one suggest what to get?

Iceberg 172
So I'm looking to service my 182, now my service book has full stamps, but I'm aware it's got an aftermarket k&n cone airfilter filter and no sign of the original air box.

I know if I took it for a service at a garage (to ensure I got a stamp) then they wouldn't touch the air filter.

The question is do I try and source an original air box and return it to standard, or just pick up a new cone filter, if the latter any one suggest what to get?

I think K&N air filters can be serviced using a kit they sell. No need to buy a new one, just buy the cleaning kit. Quote me if I'm wrong though other people.

focus st3
Defo serviceable, i need to order the kit from ebay myself.I do mine every year before its service/mot.

Clio 172
Original airbox wins for me. Panel filters are cheap enough to stick in them and it keeps the engine bay nice and OEM! :p