ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air con broken? :(

clio sport 182
Hey guys went into town today evrything was working fine but when I got back to the car the aircon stopped working :(

The head unit lights up u can change settings etc looks to be working fine but no air :(. I turn the AC button off and still no air so I'm fucked if we have an icy day I will be stuck at home as I won't be able to de mist the inside of the car

Anyway anybody gave any ideas what it could be? Slightly worried it's going to set me back a small fortune :(

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
tried checkin the Relay switches ? might have some water in or rust issue?

btw i have no heatin inside of car neither ;) and iv managed fine over the winter lol

CLIO Iceberg 172
drop the window if you cant resolve it, its just as good....

as for the aircon can you hear the aircon motor engaging? if not then its electrical like a relay or a fuse or at worst the reostat

same goes if you haven't got any blowers at all... the blowers are controled by the yellow fuse in the engine bay and the aircon is the front brown fuse try replaceing these and that should help

clio sport 182
Checked fuses they are fine when I change a setting there is a feint noise like a clicking sound as if something is trying to engage but cutting out?

Could it be the fan a blockage of somekind or just warn itself out? Or mayb the motor powering it?

CLIO Iceberg 172
then its ether your fan controler unit thing under the scuttle panel or its the yellow relay under your fuse box in the engine bay

clio sport 182
Can't see a yellow relay hmm you guys have 182s as well yes? Sorry bit of a tard when it comes to mechanics