ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

air con delete for £16

Clio 172 (track toy)
Hi all
Thought i would share how got rid of my air con.
cost me £16 with the belt and seems to do trick. Runs in line too
Not sure how long will last but cant see why it wouldnt its very tight.

Attachments

• 20150827_153231.jpg
    20150827_153231.jpg
    912.2 KB · Views: 289
  • 20150827_153245.jpg
    20150827_153245.jpg
    836.8 KB · Views: 228
I always wondered if you could do it with a couple of rose joints and threaded bar, looking at it i'd say that bar is going to bend, be interesting to see how long it lasts!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Probably better than PMS things, f**king hate that s**t.

Id put another bar the other side so it has two supports, much less chance of an issue too.

Id do it the other way around if it would fit, two bolts through the two flanges and the rosejoins in female form on the bar so that they're not in bending.

Clio 172 (track toy)
Id do it the other way around if it would fit, two bolts through the two flanges and the rosejoins in female form on the bar so that they're not in bending.

Thanks mate. When you say they bent before. What part bends on them is it the threaded bar or the eye bolts that bend?

dan's cast offs.
don't know what's worse, the bloody awful huge out of focus picture or the pikey cheap nasty studding set up? i'll give it about ten minutes running before it bends and the belt jumps.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I agree, that looks like it'll bend. I'd get the rose joints as close to the mounting holes as possible.

I never really looked at getting rid of the aircon on the clio, but is there anything stopping you just making up a flat bar that bolts up directly?

Clio 172 (track toy)
don't know what's worse, the bloody awful huge out of focus picture or the pikey cheap nasty studding set up? i'll give it about ten minutes running before it bends and the belt jumps.

^^^ seems a nice guy

I will make a flat bar up mcgherkin was only a prototype, had a spare hour yesterday lol. M10 and m12 will take some bending but would rather be safe than sorry I suppose :)

Thanks mate. When you say they bent before. What part bends on them is it the threaded bar or the eye bolts that bend?
The threaded portion of the rod ends is under bending forces and they shouldnt be, Id be doing it more like this:
ALT-SMBK2A%20.gif

With the rod ends fastened to the alternator and idler bracket with bolts, in single shear, but to save making the hex part, you can get away with two female rod ends and some threaded bar.

Clio 172 (track toy)
The threaded portion of the rod ends is under bending forces and they shouldnt be, Id be doing it more like this:
ALT-SMBK2A%20.gif

With the rod ends fastened to the alternator and idler bracket with bolts, in single shear, but to save making the hex part, you can get away with two female rod ends and some threaded bar.

Great shout mate im on that thanks for your help

Clio 172 (track toy)
ALT-SMBK2A%20.gif

Wouldnt the one rose joint need to be left hand thread so when you turn the threaded bar you can get adjustment?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
^^^ seems a nice guy

I will make a flat bar up mcgherkin was only a prototype, had a spare hour yesterday lol. M10 and m12 will take some bending but would rather be safe than sorry I suppose :)

He is, very.