ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air con problems

3 MPS, MX5
My partner's 1.6 Dynamique had a problem with the aircon not working effectively or not at all. We took it into a non-Renault garage last week to have it re-gassed, but yesterday she said its not working at all, just blowing normal air. We took it into Renault today to have the new spare key programmed and asked them to look at the aircon in case its something more serious but they wanted another £80 just to check it and cover for re-gassing again. I've said no, I'll take it back to the other garage to check it.

Has anyone else had trouble with their aircon other than just re-gassing it?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
may be a leak if she hasnt used it in the winter the seals go dry and when you refill it, it leaks back out they should have checked this though. air con needs to be ran once a week at least.

3 MPS, MX5
Cheers, I'll take it back to the garage who done the gassing. I only bought her the car a few weeks ago so maybe the previous owner didn't use the aircon much:rolleyes: