ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Con

Black 172
Does anyone know where i can get my air con re- gassed ? i am in the manchester area. Need to get it done at some point soon :)

Cheers

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I had mine done £65 + VAT.................down in sunny l'boro.

Polo + Micra
you can buy cans of the stuff in hellfrauds but didn't see how much it was

172 Exclusive
Thats what i used, and it worked (to a degree) but i've got a problem with my air con as it looses its gas after about 48 hours, so i need to get it fixed.

If you are not sure how to use it take a look at the 'Easy Push-button Recharging with Measure & Charge' video on this web site http://www.id-usa.com/how_to_videos.asp
Its buy the same people who make the tins that halfords sell.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
That's a great link Andy, thanks for that.

Mine needs doing as well, so I might get me one of those recharger cans from Halfords, especially as it has the guage which can be re-used to check the system.

The only thing is, is it difficult to get to the service port and see the compressor on a 172? I honestly wouldn't know where to look under the bonnet.

172 Exclusive
Its easy to get to, the service port is the one with the thicker pipe going to it. Also its the one that will feel cold to the touch when the air con is on.

It should be on the drivers side, to the side of the engine.
I'll try to get a pic up showing it in a while.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
cliovicky said:

NO, i would say steer clear, as when it's done properly the system is emptied( sucked out).
causing a vacuum (this can also show if system is leaking) then refilled with approx 780g of freeon 2g oil 2g dye.

If you put any moisture whatsoever into system YOU will f**k it up!

Then £39 compared to putting it right don't look cheap, also DIY no comeback, garage does it you have a case!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Andy, think I know which one you mean. I wasn't sure if it was down inbetween lots of stuff nearer the compressor.

As long as I make sure I don't use the high-sided port by mistake which is all I'm bothered about.

Steve - You can't get moisture in there just using the service port though can you? If so how?

All I want to do is top up the refrigerant in it.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
cba to read all the above but halfords now provide it as a service and all staff are trained to re-hgass aircon

Tesla MP3 2021
blow your head gaskett, then get reno to replace gaskett under warranty and bingo they have to re-fill your air con:)

b3nje said:
cba to read all the above but halfords now provide it as a service and all staff are trained to re-hgass aircon
Cheers mate, will ask next time I'm in.

Ford Fiesta
how long should a new air con system last before it needs re gassing?

I take it the more you use it the better it is for the system?

172 Exclusive
16v_jon said:
We are in atherton manchester 01942 870901 £50 inc nitrogen test

16v_jon - Thats not a bad price, do you also fix air con units? as mine seems to stop working between 24-48 hours after re-gassing?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
will having my aircon regassed make it cooler? as im not sure mine gets all that cold to be honest. its not bad but i think it could be better. car is 4 1/2 years old and prob hasnt ever been done (previous owner was a woman)

I went down to Halfords this afternoon and bought that re-gassing bottle/hose - £39.99

When I got it home and tested it out the guage on the bottle said I had the correct amount/pressure of refrigerant in there already. I gave it a few squirts of the refrigerant to the max recommmended level on the guage, then packaged it back up (using supplied elastic bands lol) and took it back and got a full refund!! Heh heh.

Gonna take it to the garage that told me it needed re-gassing when I had my service. They can take a look at it.