ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air conditioning problems!!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Now since we have been having all this great weather, i normally have the sunroof open an windows down, but it has just been to warm so i thought i would kick the climate into touch to give it a chill when i get in.

But it doesnt work, i took it to get it recharged thinking that would solve it, but apparently it doesnt need recharging, the clutch is engaging apparently, so its a problem with the unit or condensor im guessing.

im tempted to get a complete service done on it to see if that makes a difference.

What do people think?

oyea its on a 54 plate 1.6 16v

Cheers

Josh
:D

PH1 172 Sport
Who told you it didn't need regassing? Just because the clutch engages doesn't mean that it couldn't do with a regas.

172 Ph1
see how much gas come out when the a/c guy drains it and then you will know how much it was low by.
The clutch can kick in for a quantity of 10%-15% of gas but you wont get any cold air with that amount

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Unless you have a leak you will not need it regassed, such a misconception about air con.

CLIO Iceberg 172
sorry to hi-jack, but if my clutch wasn't engaging could one of the reasons be that its empty due to a leak...?

There a lot of old threads about this.

Mine is no longer as cold as it used to be. Unfortunately it is possible that it is leaking due to damage from stones on a recently relayed road on my journey to work.

Garage tells me regassing is 45-65 (can't remember the two distinctions in the service but they were the prices), a leak is obviously going to be worse....

I want to hang onto my Clio (172 mk2, now nearing 110k) but blimey, they make life hard for you..

BMW F21 125d
What % of gas should the system have?

I had mine regassed recently and its now quite cold, not icy, but cold enough. But i'm sure there was only about 25/30% in there when he'd finished and he also said the working (engine on) pressure was different to the off.... I have no idea, can someone clarify ?