ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air conditioning seals - replacing

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I have a leaky air con system & so I have bought a seal kit - a bunch of brown coloured o-rings - can anyone offer advice on fitting these? Do I just make my way round each and every join and replace the seal? I can't find a guide anywhere, and it seems like a daunting task!

Any help greatly appreciated!

monaco 172
If it's as simple as removing the air con system was it won't be difficult. There aren't many joins anyway so I think your approach will be fine

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Thank you, that’s reassuring. Perhaps my kit comes with surplus o-rings ‘cos there’s about 20 of them :confused:?!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Two on pump, two on rad, two on condensor (I think it's completely separately piped even though attached to rad) two to bulkhead. Think that's it

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172

Not too bad then, hope there’s suitable rings in here ^

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Two on pump, two on rad, two on condensor (I think it's completely separately piped even though attached to rad) two to bulkhead. Think that's it

I started this the other day, and just out of interest there are actually 4 at the bulkhead - there’s some kind of metal block (pressure relief valve or summat perhaps?) with two pipes in and two out, each with an o-ring. This is where I had initially spotted leakiness, so have only done these so far. I might go get it pressure checked cos I can’t be bothered doing all the others :cautious:.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Thread bump! Is there a diagram of all the seals and where they go on the system?