ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Filter Replacement Dumb Question

Ok im servicing my clio today, it's a mk2 1.4 16v and i've removed the airfilter housing to open up and replace the air filter element.

The housing itself seems sealed, thought it might pull apart but no luck their either, no screw holes nothing (like on previous cars ive owned) do they open? I think this may be the original box but i'm not sure due to lack of history with the car.

Megane 225 F1
The bit you think is where the air filter goes....isn't where the filter goes.

The filter is located in the large airbox attached to the back of the engine. Should be a few screws on the right hand side of it.

The bit you think is where the air filter goes....isn't where the filter goes.

The filter is located in the large airbox attached to the back of the engine. Should be a few screws on the right hand side of it.

That might be why lmao, the bit I was looking at was the box on the right hand side of the engine-

IMAG0035-1.jpg

Megane 225 F1
That's not it lol. I actually have no idea what that bit does. I broke mine open to have a look and it has nothing inside it. Weird.

Anyway, the filter is located just behind that box between that and the main box on the back of the engine.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Just an expansion chamber isn't it to keep induction noise down? As Will said, its behind it-you can see the two retaining screws in the picture.

sorted, just changed oil filter, air filter and oil :)

Old stuff was very very black, the previous owner didn't know when it was last serviced lmao and its been 40k since last stamp

IMAG0036-1.jpg

mmmm....

monaco 172
sorted, just changed oil filter, air filter and oil :)

Old stuff was very very black, the previous owner didn't know when it was last serviced lmao and its been 40k since last stamp

IMAG0036-1.jpg

mmmm....

Tis very black that, I change mine every 3k and it never looks that bad. I'd say its been a fair few miles on that grinding paste lol.