ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Filter

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B

no i dont think it does but i never found out what that other tube is!!

where u have your silver tube i always took that off

Civic Type-R

Surely you have a filter in the oval box just about the red oil cap?? Thats where mine was anyways :cool:

The silver tube takes in warm air from the engine to help with cold starts and to help it run smoothly until the engine is fulled warmed up.

That IK will be losing you power, your best bet is a replacement filter in the original box - or sort out a decent cold air feed and a heat shield.
HTH

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B

yeah, i did wonder about that, sound nice tho :)

might just put original back in, as i took it out of the box. i got given it for free so i couoldnt resist :)

how much power is lost?

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

First of all if your not running another air filter inside the box then I suggest you remove the silver hose and blank the plate off as your are sucking in unfiltered air!! Best bet on these engines I found was to use an after market pannel filter in the standard airbox. Then remove both the hoses and the black platic section up to the air box. Then route an airfeed from the opening of the airbox to the front fog light, (removing the fog light first)