ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Filters Induction Kit ?

Sport 182 16v
so those kits from ebay are waste of my money ?what you mean standard airbox,what should be inside? i think about separately air filter system where the wind came trough the pipe to the box with filter cone,i don't want to catch warm air from engine,if you know what i mean

E36 M3. 182
Basically, without relocating the battery and ECU, youre not going to gain anything over the stock setup, a samco bend looks smarter and might possibly provide a slightly improved airflow to the throttle body, but open cones/induction kits/mop buckets arent going to do owt.
The guys that strip their cars for the track tend to use a Ph 1 airbox run straight out of the throttle body to where the battery would sit, with a cold air feed from the front to feed it.
The stock 182 setup doesnt seem to suffer heatsoak (which seems to be youre worry). Id stick an itg/green/K+N element in the stock box if youre loooking for a bit of noise........

Sport 182 16v
i don't want to change power in my clio,just a sound.Everyone know that,if you change manufactured airfilter to sport cone -you don't gain any power never ever :) what i said before was that i try to find good space for airbox separately from engine,steviet your option looks promising to gain better sound,have you got any website where i can find that setup which you have it?

Sport 182 16v
stock airbox system should be a little bit quite than open filter cone,but both working the same. I have to think about it...

E36 M3. 182
Open cone =More sound and will probably suffer from heatsoak
Aftermarket element in stock airbox= Little more sound, no increase in heatsoak. (often cheaper too..)

But its your money, so do whatever you fancy.......

Sport 182 16v
i have idea i will try to buy sport filter to stock airbox and i will see. If that is going to satisfied me i will leave it like it is,if no i will try another setup like K&N kit or Pipercross system.That should be the best way