ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air intake valve??

Clio 172 Sport
Hi every1,

I have a 2002 Clio 172 sport and im trying 2 install a pipercross viper induction kit but havin problems removing the old stuff. I removed the old air box and ducting but came 2 the air intake valve, down behind the headlight connect 2 the horn bracket onto the bumper.

Has any1 removed this valve and is it an easy process???

Im confused mate, have you got any pics of what your on about?

On mine all I had was the cold air feed going to the OE airbox, with a bend going to the throttle body with a breather pipe coming off of the bend.

I removed the cold air feed, undid the 2 bolts holding the airbox in place, loosened the jubilee clips holding the pipe work to the airbox, and replaced with Viper I/K and appropriate cold air feed.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Is this the stupid thing that only opens above 20mph? I am wanting to remove this. Is it a difficult process to get to? Apparently you need to leave it plugged in or it throws up a fault code.

Lionel Richie
yeah remove it, its crap, undo the 13mm nut holding the horn on, it'll come off quite easily (you then have to block off the vaccum feed from the inlet)