ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air ride or turbo 172 ph2

Clio
Hello people after christmas im either going to turbo or get air ride for my clio. What uses think should go for ? Havent seen or herd of a ph2 172 on air were I been looking can anyone tell me if anyone already done air ride on ph2 172 ?

RB 182 195bhp
As everyone has said, they aren't exactly similar routes, If the question was supercharge or turbocharge it would make more sense.
One option (air) is going to destroy the driveability, ruin the handling and turn it into a static car. IMO clio's don't do this look well.
The other is going to greatly increase the power, and improve it's driveability. So it's what you want, better to drive or to sit and look at it lol.

Renault Clio182 bean
Boost all day long, if you do a proper job and don't cut corners, or you will get caught out.

172 Cup
Boost.

Or if you go air ride plumb the compressor into your intake just like a turbo iirc imo.

Clio
Hmm...Get s**t suspension and spend the remainder of your ownership looking like a bellend, or boost? Quite the predicament...

Cup In bits
Well this went well.

Id probably fit an air compressor as a replacement engine and get a good horse to tow it all.

Clio 172
Out of interest if you weighing up options.

If you turbo'd it now would you run air later or vice versa?

Not sure on what your trying to do to the car as there conflicts couldn't be greater

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I personally think Air ride looks pish but that's just my op. I'd stick with a decent set of coilovers & get the geo set up properly instead if it was me.

If you can actually get the best out of it, i'd say turbo, but you're looking at very different things.