ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag and Serv light!!

White Evo V
When I first got my car a year ago the plug on the bottom of the passenger seat for the airbag was a bit faulty. Every month or so the airbag light would come on but if you played with the plug under the passenger seat it would go off. Now its got to the point where it just stays on!!!

Common problem? Anyone know of an easy fix?

Arctic Blue FF 182
Common fault. There's a guide in the guides section about it i believe. Im got the same problem at the moment!

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
stick a resistor in - usually shuts it up, when i come up to leeds next week i will show you, ive got loads of spare resistors.

If not then take the bulbs out the dash :cool:

Arctic Blue FF 182
When the airbag and SERV light are on. Does this mean the airbag system will not function correctly in the event of a crash?

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
i dont think so....i think it is just an idicator to state that one or more is possibley faulty. but not 100% on that...

Fred?

White Evo V
So could I just do this - "You will see a grey connector. (under the seat)
On the passenger side disconnect it and cut the Blue and Brown wires off both sides. Then solder the Blue wire to blue, and the Brown to the other brown. Make sure you use insulating sleeves over the soldered connections"

Last edited:
  White Evo V
Which brown and blue wires do I connect? Theres 4 and it only talks about 2 in the guide, also theres 2 plugs, a black plug and a white plug, in the guide it only mentions 1 grey plug!!! This is what ive got:

15112009292.gif

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You should be able to figure out what wire connects to what just from looking n

stick a resistor in - usually shuts it up, when i come up to leeds next week i will show you, ive got loads of spare resistors.

If not then take the bulbs out the dash :cool:

Lol nice and safe.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just connect them to the same wires? Should be easy to see what they connected to through the block connector?

White Evo V
I have now connected all the wires up, I cut the black block connector totally out and connected the wires on that then connected the blue and brown to the right ones on the grey connector, I left the grey connector in because there is 2 other wires going into one side but they dont connect to anything on the other side so thought it would be best to leave it in just incase! Problem is - my airbag and serv light are still on!!! :S

Flamer 172
Its the block connectors that r useless. You just need to cut them out and solder the wires back together. With mine i just disconnected the battery, unplugged the connectors then put some vaseline in them then put it back together. This cured the problem for me.

White Evo V
Can someone confirm which wires go to which block? Does the orange wire go to the black block and the black wire go to the white block??? (see pic)

Also the white block has 2 wires going into one end that dont connect to anything on the other end (see pic)! Can I snip these off and leave them or do I need to join them?? :S