ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag deployment

Before everyone switches off, this has nothing to do with airbag lights!

I just wondered if anyone knows how the things actually deploy themselves. What happens to the large lump of plastic in the middle of the steering wheel? And as for the passenger bag, it looks like youll need a new dash if the thing goes off?

(Im thinking of a mk2 172 btw)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I can tell you.

Bsically the big lump of plastic in the middle of the steering wheel just gets ripped open from where the badge is in a big star shape.

As for the passengerside, the perferrated edge that you can see flaps upwards towards the windscreen and the airbag is deployed.

New dash and new steering wheel needed for sure.

Cheers CupCake. Just my inquisitive mind getting over active while stuck at the lights this morning.

Its a real shame to hear you had to find out the hard way.:(

Ford Fiesta

and the cabin quickly fills with smoke making you think the car is on fire!

(pedal pops off too on the clio at same time)

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 07 April 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">no worries mate. I can also add they are very good and quite comfy. :)

but break your nose ;)

Clio Trophy #123

Now I always thought it would just fly off and tw*t me in the face. just before the bag saved me life. Love the way it forms a nice star shape after yer crash as though.

Renault obviously put a bit of thought into that "style feature"

:D;)