ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag light

BMW E36 328
I blew the airbag in my passenger seat a few months ago now and have a set of cup seats in ive got my MOT in 3 weeks is there any way i can get the airbag light off without replacing the seats? Or will it pass an mot with the light on? i would prefer to get the light off tho as it is quite annoying lol

Evo
Will pass with the light on.

Apparently resistors can be fitted to turn the light off but i've tried this many times on my car for the seat airbags and it doesnt work.

Take the LED lights out?

BMW E36 328
Will pass with the light on.

Apparently resistors can be fitted to turn the light off but i've tried this many times on my car for the seat airbags and it doesnt work.

Take the LED lights out?

I thought about resistors but i wasnt too sure, that would mean removing the dash to remove the LED wouldnt it?

Da

Less
The resistor thing only works if a bag hasn't been fired. If one has then the computer needs resetting/replacing.

Evo
You can get cheaper companies who reset the system but thats assuming you've replaced the used airbags?

Getting the dials out of a mk2s dash is simple, just a few torx screws and it all pops out.

Da

Less
Renault will replace it at great cost to you.

There are companies out there that will reset it but you'll have to search for them, can't think of any off hand.

BMW E36 328
I havent replaced the airbags ive just replaced the two front seats with seats out of a cup, ahh ryt, will have to have a look tomorrow cheers

172 & LCR
Take the clocks out lift the edge of the facia black sparky tape under the facia if serv light also on you need to remove needles pm me I'll explain or ring me 07814953892

BMW E36 328
Take the clocks out lift the edge of the facia black sparky tape under the facia if serv light also on you need to remove needles pm me I'll explain or ring me 07814953892

ok mate ill take a look at that, yea will do thanks alot

Da

Less
I think fixing the fault is a far better idea to be honest...

Remember that whilst the light is 'lit' none of the airbag system is functional.

e91 330d/type r mini
I think fixing the fault is a far better idea to be honest...

Remember that whilst the light is 'lit' none of the airbag system is functional.
i dont think i need to worry about the airbags going off as there is no airbags left in the car ;)

Da

Less
True, but I was referring to Rob ;)

People are suggesting he tapes up the light or removes it, rather than finding the fault. Not ideal IMO :)

BMW E36 328
True, but I was referring to Rob ;)

People are suggesting he tapes up the light or removes it, rather than finding the fault. Not ideal IMO :)

I agree i would rather fix the problem rather than hide it, so0 where would i go to sort this out can anyone reccomend anywhere?