ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Light

I've known for a while now that the airbag light on my car (a 2002 ph2 172) doesnt illuminate when I turn the ignition on. When I first bought the car Mick from Diamond Motors plugged it into clip and noticed the crash sensor in the ecu had been activated. I also then noticed the clocks had been played with as all the dials were over reading (30 mph was 35 actual, fuel light would come on at 1/4 tank etc etc)

Since then the clocks have been replaced and the other night I fitted an airbag ecu from another ph2 172 that James23 kindly lent to me. The airbag light still isnt on and when doing the dash test (holding down the button at the end of the stalk and turning the ignition on) the light still doesnt illuminate.

I need to get this sorted as my MOT is booked for Monday. I have booked it in to get it done before the new airbag regulations come in on the 1st April as I have an aftermarket steering wheel fitted. The due date isnt actually till July so I have more time should I need it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should try next?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Bring it in and I'll pull the dash to bits for you (again). This afternoon would be good