ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag problem (apparently)!!

Hi its been a while since ive been on here because i havent suffered any problems with my 05 reg clio recently (unlikely).

Basically a few month ago the airbag light appeared on the dash since the car is still under warranty i took it back to the dealer (non - renault, seat) and they fixed the problem, but didnt go into much detail into what the problem was, they said it was down to the airbag module under the seat.

Anyway that light has come back on and when i took the car back today they said it needs a new airbag (£200) which isnt covered under warranty ive checked the small print and sadly its not covered. im wondering is the seat dealer taking me for a ride as i cant see why the car will need a new airbag when it has never been activated.

Another source has mentioned this problem with three door clios. Seemingly by constantly sliding the front seats backwards and forwards the wiring underneath which attatches to the seat belt pretentioning module becomes worn over time and this apparently could also be the problem. This seems more likely to me but i was just wondering if any forum members have came across the same problem and how it was fixed.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

2000X 172
My wife drives an Espace which had over £1k of warranty work to fix the airbag problem .. .. .. .. .. warning light on the dash etc. Two weeks later it started again and has remained lke that since (over 18 months).

M2 Competition
The wires under the seat often come loose. Give them a good old wriggle and see if it sorts the problem temporarily.

If it does, snip the wires and reattatch them by either soldering, or using a little screw in junction box from maplins/ b&q etc.

As for the renault dealer, possibly worth trying a different dealer, without telling them you'd had the problem looked at already, and see what they say...