ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

airbag resistors again ,but this time kangoo van :)

kangoo van
hi there everyone just purchased a boss kit and new steering wheel .
i then modded the boss to make it fit the van :) it was meant to be for a clio .
i have purchased the resistors but i have come across something that has thrown me a little .
the kangoo van air bag attaches via a swivel mechanism allowing for steering wheel rotation . this has 2 pin connection but the plug seems to have a little metal clip that bridges the pins inside the connection ??
am i correct in assuming that when the 2 halves of the plug are pressed together the the spring clip is shoved out of the way breaking the contact across the pins ???
and all i have to do is bridge the feed wires on the van loom ,,red and white "in the pictures " with my resistor to fool the warning light ?
8ok6Ft.jpg
37La9A.jpg
Ng5oiy.jpg

kangoo van
i got board and just decided to give it a go ,, so fitted the resistor were i thought it would go and guess what ! no warning light :) so if your doing a kangoo van and fancy a steering wheel change then YEP its possible because i just did it.... 3.6 ohm resistor with 2 amp fuse and if anyone is interested i will upload the pics of the modified boss
FWvjQq.jpg