ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag resistors

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've fitted a volantech steering wheel and their airbag resistors which were very loose so I wrapped them in insulation tape to keep them in. I'm getting sporadic airbag and SERV light popping up, is this likely just because of the poor fitting resistors?

Renault Clio 182
I contacted Volantech about this same issue previously and they gave me the attached which worked for me.

Hope this helps!
resistor-instruction.png

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Just clip the bags out, much easier and more reliable
I would do but want to be able to back to standard for anal MOTers, living where I do I'm not blessed with a huge choice without long journeys

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
As above get the necessary airbags coded out with clip its the better option.

Assuming your worried about mot/stock steering wheel? Just refit and dont connect the airbag wiring up, tester wont know as airbag light will work as normal.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
@DomP182 what did you use to sort the airbag light in the end mate? I’ll be in this exact situation next week
A big pothole, not been on since! Seriously, although I don't use it enough to know if it's solved longterm. Volantech suggest taping the resistor at an angle which seems a bodge as they just need thicker terminals.