ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag & SERV light on

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
So i've had this problem on every Clio i've owned, anyway, what is the permenant fix? I know its the connector under the seat as when you wiggle the wires they occasionaly go out?

So what have people done to sort it?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
No idea pal. Just had a quick look and can't see it.

Basically you want to look at the two plugs, see which wire corresponds to which on the other plug, cut them both, solder them together or use crimp connections so you've bypassing the plug. Basically the connector block is the issue and taking it out of the equation is the only way to solve it.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I used tin foil in each pin to make a good connection and the lights have never come on again

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
A good starting point is finding out which part of the airbag system is at fault - find somebody locally with clip to pinpoint the issue. Could be a very simple solution once known otherwise you could be messing about with wiring for ages.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
A good starting point is finding out which part of the airbag system is at fault - find somebody locally with clip to pinpoint the issue. Could be a very simple solution once known otherwise you could be messing about with wiring for ages.

Its the connectors under the seat mate, when wiggled or disturbed they perodically go off!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Got you mate.

Quite a common problem - a good option is cut the plug out and solder wires together.

172 cup
Sorry to high jack the thread but got this issue myself tho a bit different ! I slid off the road into curb ! The serv and airbag light came on! I have a 172 cup but the last owner put the 172 half leather seats in! Under the seats are two plugs but don't fit together! Do I need to reset the fault with some kind of computer? Or will the hitting the curb have damaged something?

Thanks

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to high jack the thread but got this issue myself tho a bit different ! I slid off the road into curb ! The serv and airbag light came on! I have a 172 cup but the last owner put the 172 half leather seats in! Under the seats are two plugs but don't fit together! Do I need to reset the fault with some kind of computer? Or will the hitting the curb have damaged something?

Thanks

Cup doesn't have the extra airbags in the seats that the standard ones do, that's what the extra cables are for. What you'll probably find is that something else has triggered, whether that be the steering wheel airbag or dash etc. You'll need to get it plugged into CLiP and have the fault read so you know what's up.

Clio 182 - RB
I've had my car plugged in to CLiP twice now, first time it lasted a good 5 months before it come back on, second time it come on 40 minutes after having it cleared... f**king bullshit.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing to do with clearing the code, the second you hit a bump or move the passenger seat again it'll come on. The only way to permanently turn it off in clip is to turn the airbag off completely so it won't go off in a crash.

Using resistors will also stop it going off in a crash. What needs to be done is the connector fixed. It's the only answer to the question that doesn't turn the airbag off. Now fixing the connector could be soldering the wires together or anything but not turning the light off manually.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Nothing to do with clearing the code, the second you hit a bump or move the passenger seat again it'll come on. The only way to permanently turn it off in clip is to turn the airbag off completely so it won't go off in a crash.

Using resistors will also stop it going off in a crash. What needs to be done is the connector fixed. It's the only answer to the question that doesn't turn the airbag off. Now fixing the connector could be soldering the wires together or anything but not turning the light off manually.

Is it more likely to be the passenger side connectors mate?

Clio 182 Full Fat
I rewired my connections under the seats and tried another airbag ecu, light still on.
Decided to use diagnostics on it to discover it is the side impact sensor at fault.
Will be replacing it this weekend

Merc a class rs
So i've had this problem on every Clio i've owned, anyway, what is the permenant fix? I know its the connector under the seat as when you wiggle the wires they occasionaly go out?

So what have people done to sort it?
I had this problem soak the plug under seat with Wd been alright since 12 months