ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Warning Light HELP (after search)

Clio 200 Black and White
right folks, I have now stuffed various resistors into the black connectors under the bucket seats of my Trophy, but alas the damn airbag light stays firmly on.

Anyone know what might be the issue? After fitting the resistors, do I need to re-set anything? I didn't disconnect the battery while fitting these, not sure if that's important??

right folks, I have now stuffed various resistors into the black connectors under the bucket seats of my Trophy, but alas the damn airbag light stays firmly on.

Anyone know what might be the issue? After fitting the resistors, do I need to re-set anything? I didn't disconnect the battery while fitting these, not sure if that's important??

Same here mate,

could it be loose wires..dont know if its the same thing but my air bag light comes on and I wiggle the wires under the passenger seat and it goes off.

have another go...sometimes mine dont turn off straight away...I normally turn the car off, wiggle the wires and then start it up...can take a few goes at it.

mk2 ph2 1.4 16v
im having exactly the same prob,need a pic of where to put the resistors in the larger grey and yellow connector as there are a few brown and orange wires in it

Clio 200 Black and White
Tried all the wiggling and ignition on/off tricks you can imagine - nothing works.

I don't understand why this should work for some people but not for others - there must be a simple explanation for it!

By the way, I put the resistors in the BLACK connector, NOT the grey one: I understand the grey connectors are for the seatbelt pretensioners.

My bro had same issues with his 172 is due to wire connections under driver seat. He took it to Renault (Motorline) and they fixed it under warrenty

JP

200 Gordini
What resistor is recommended?

I've read 3.0, 3.3 and 3.9 does it even make a difference?

Im going to go to maplins after im done here

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If the connector going into the pretensioner comes loose, the light also comes on.

just wanna know where the resistors are supposed to go? one says one thing, and another thread says something else.

mk2 ph2 1.4 16v
does anyone have any pictures of what they did to theirs???ideally both the grey and black connectors to clear this topic up for us??
cheers

Trophy #267
Who in this thread has a trophy lol
erm post 1

Its usually the seat connector but not always. If youve tried wiggling connectors the correct way is to have the code read which should identify which seat.

Qashcow
you have to put restistors in both of the connector blocks under the seats, not just one.

do it with the ignition off, then when it's switched back on the lights should stay off. 3.3 ohm in each one

mk2 ph2 1.4 16v
have done that and the light came on,now no matter what i do i cant get it to go off,pics of the resistors in place would be a great help.

Qashcow
i believe im right in saying that the ph2's and 182's all use different colour blocks. but basically, the 2 larger blocks both need 3.3ohm resistors in each. ignition turned off. the round looking block has only 1 hole so dont worry about this

2009_03_16_0354.jpg

Hi guys i have just brought another clio. I brought a 172 about a hour ago just got it home and when i brought it the airbag light was on with the SERV "service" light on too. I know these are common so i started it up and played with the black plug under drivers seat no joy, then played with the connector on the passenger side light went out. There was no need to start engine turn off engine to reset it just went off. All i will say as this may help, when i started the car both lights would go out and after a second or two, both come back on and after a fiddle with the wires now does not come on at all. :eek:

i believe im right in saying that the ph2's and 182's all use different colour blocks. but basically, the 2 larger blocks both need 3.3ohm resistors in each. ignition turned off. the round looking block has only 1 hole so dont worry about this

2009_03_16_0354.jpg

I've got a bucket seat in but with the pretensioner in use so am using that side of the wiring. The single wire/plug I'm assuming is an earth for the airbag which is shared via the loom with the pretensioner... can anyone confirm? I've got a resister setup in the airbag plug, the pretensior still plugged in and that single plug lose... still have airbag/serv lights on!