ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airfilter relocation

Where can I relocate it too?

I drive a 1.2 8v 1999

The induction piping runs into a sealed area alongside the battery.

The air is fed up from just infront of the wheel under the bumper.

On the 1.2 16v 00+, there is a relocation kit available, but this deosnt suit mine as my radiator is in the way?

Any suggestions.

There is an area in my bumper which I could feed it too, but it would make the pipe considerably longer and might catch too much water?

Quote: Originally posted by tomclio1.2 on 22 June 2003

boot?

jeez tom........dont be so pathetic......tsssskkk.......the answers so simple.......go to B&Q and buy 6 mtrs of alloy ducting & a big reel of duct tape.......tape one end to the roof of your car (facing forward to catch the air of corse!) then drape the rest of the ducting toward the rear...tape it under the car until you reach the engine bay.....cut off the excess.....hey presto.....job done....& you have a mighty fine looking roof scoop as well !!!...................i knew youd be impressed !!

Not too sure what the engine bay looks like on your car but if there is a space in your bumper, thats where its gotta go! Other people might have their own methods, but I got some 60mm aluminium ducting and modified it a bit. I used this kind of ducting before but after a couple of months it started looking like a right mess. This time I bound the pipe with loads of black duck tape, so to strengthen the ducting and stop it falling to bits, I guess it also helps with insulation of the pipe; just wrap the tape round and round until you get a nice thick layer. Attach the pipe to your air box, locate it to where you want it to go, get some cable ties to secure it and there you go!

Ive never had a problem with water getting into the engine, even driving hard through heavy rain doesnt seem to matter to much, just dont go through any floods or huge puddles.

Skoda Fabia vRS

jus dont buy your ducting from Halfords, as its sh*tE quality, it really is very very bad

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

MESSIE get JON Exhausts to build you a relocator pipe like they did for mine out of stainless steel. Think they charge around £40-£50 for it.

jeez.......no need to be like that mate....you gotta expect a few people to have a laff when you post a question........

but like paddy says...........all you need is a relocating pipe....job done

clio sport mk1 golf

buddy ive been to hill power and i have the same car as you. there should be a large void behind the battery its possible to relocate the filter to there. ive also gotten two feeds from the lower valance of my front end which directly run to the filter. looks alot neater and the flow is obviously kept slightly cooler that way. im just gonna make a heat shkeld for mine next and voila, hey presto sorted. Ps tom boots are designed for dogs not air filters. behave and be helpful!!!:D

I was gonna go to Jons Paddy. Just need to know where to put it?

Might just keep it in the same place as it is now but maybe a bit closer to the intake on the bumper.

Will lengthening the pipe reduce the impact?

I can take a laugh, its just the first 3 posts were all taking the piss and i thought they wernt taking me serious cos its only a 1.2 8v, but we all need to start somewhere, esp with the insurance premium in ireland.