ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AJ BG 182

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice and clean, the boot badges make a big difference, nice to clean behind them as well!

Think I need to upgrade the head unit as well now I've upgraded my phone to one without 3.5mm jack.. Where did you get the speakers from? Direct fit?
Thanks mate. Speakers are a direct fit and really good quality. Ebay £79.98 a pair from car audio direct and arrived in 2 days.

Reactions: MLB

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Picked her up from K-tec yesterday afternoon.Very impressed with the professional service from Stephen and the team. The gain on the dyno was around 20hp which is where you would expect it to be. Unfortunately the 1 hour drive home was rammed so I will report on the way she drives over the weekend.
A few pictures from the workshop.
27819633-3155-45A0-A3D1-57073BDCAC0C.jpeg
C99418D0-3465-4BE2-80F8-16038C7FF445.jpeg
9857ECA1-D5D4-4BC4-9EB0-4115E8ED5ED4.jpeg
D966E81E-2166-4DA5-A8B5-FFE655A0A968.jpeg
06C6ED38-5E2C-4ABA-A7E5-3FDD768B8FD2.jpeg
088F3DDA-7FE3-4513-BDDC-B3F76251287D.jpeg

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Not had much time to drive her over the past couple of weeks due to work, crap weather etc. Took the day off Friday and went for a blast.
Really impressed by the way the car now performs. More low down torque, power, revs higher and a nice lumpy idle which I like!
The sports cat has loosened off a bit and now let’s the Miltek Zorst sound more raspy.
Also I’ve been on the hunt for a pair of Recaro Trendlines for some time.
I do appreciate these chairs are very rare and why but the ones that I’ve seen available are expensive but need to be refurbished.
Thanks to BlackgoldMatt and the previous forum owners I have a mint pair.
468C1C8F-EB4B-4261-B07B-339B944520DA.jpeg

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Seats now in and they look great.
With the Jon Foz subframes the seating position especially for a tall bloke like me has been transformed.
A6674C1F-E855-4CBC-8EFE-02C5A05E63A5.jpeg

I had some time today and took the rear interior cards off and was happy to find no corrosion. Sprayed Dymax S50 in to future proof.
When the legend AKA Snappy sends my steering wheel back the interior is about done.
She is going to K-Tek for the basic oil change service and and to sort out a leaking power steering pressure switch to keep the history book complete.
My next major job which is the rear beam/axle, has been waiting since before lockdown due to parts being on back order and having the garage time.
Love this little car!

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
She went to K-tec last Saturday for a minor oil service to keep the book of stamps up to date. Also the power steering pressure switch was leaking so they swapped that out too. As ever very impressed with the service given by Stephen and the team.
The only advisory was that the n/s front calliper was sticking/binding. As they are so cheap a new one was ordered and I painted it up last night.
As rain forced me to spend the morning in the garage!,I fitted it along with the vapour blasted fuel rail protector and new upper grill stickers from forum members will and James.
Looks muck tidier.
38DD4698-D4A0-43F6-875D-30F222215888.jpeg
9B00A1B3-4598-4D01-9D21-347D43CD8338.jpeg

Last edited:

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
After sending a wheel to Snappy some time ago I finally got it back today.
I have had a couple wheels done by other trimmers but Andy is in a league of his own!
Really love the superior quality and feel over the OEM one.
Please don’t think for one second that its not a radio station song but my favourite CD on the stereo!
72C9176E-1545-4B95-BF92-C799B8C74D0C.jpeg

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
I can’t quite believe it but due to the COVID thing, parts on back order and being busy at work it’s taken me 7 months to get the rear beam swop done!
I have noticed lately that the rear feels harsh and bouncy and I recon the bushes, bolts and rubber spring pads are knackered.
The beam itself as like the one I bought in April appears horrendously corroded but what looks like 100 year Titanic rust is mostly mud and is only on the surface.
As this place is an amazing source of information i was fully prepared for the usual problems.
The bush bolts were a sod to get undone,I had to cut the O/S bolt to get it out and a shortened new one was put back in after lower the fuel tank.
Braided lines clipped in and a couple of new hub nuts saw me done for today.
Brake bleed, wheels on, do up the big boy nuts and take her out for a blast tomorrow.
57640D4A-2FB6-4FBC-AE55-FCA558CE58A3.jpeg

15DA116C-854F-4637-8B9D-039322164F6C.jpeg

4FF44295-B419-42AF-842B-B37379E4ADA7.jpeg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
That looks good! Did you reuse the clips or did you buy new ones?

Which ramps have you got BTW, do they raise the car enough for an oil change?

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
That looks good! Did you reuse the clips or did you buy new ones?

Which ramps have you got BTW, do they raise the car enough for an oil change?
Cheers. I reused the original clips but cheated and fixed them back on to the pins with a waterproof adhesive.
The ramps were bought for the Z as she is mega low and i couldn’t get a jack under her. They are the Laser ones and yes I’ve dropped the oil from both cars up these.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Haha better fix them in position for good! Won't be doing this job again anytime soon anyway.

And thanks for the info, I've been looking at ramps so I don't have to jack the cars up for oil changes anymore, saves a lot of time!

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
As it was Lockdown wheel arch cleaning weekend for many forum members I though I’d keep my build thread up to date with some dirty pictures.
My car fortunately has spent almost all its life garaged and I have already removed the rear door cards, found no corrosion and sprayed Dymax S50 in but I still wanted to have a peek inside to see if the dreaded tin worm had got a hold.
The past owner lived in rural Norfolk so thank god for the foam pad behind the arch liner for keeping this lot back from making its way to the boot!
99920776-E816-4B5B-927B-B1CE480E2094.jpeg

After a good clean and hoover out she looks pretty good.
502CB9E0-EDD4-47A9-9ACE-189EBA686AB8.jpeg

4C66697D-B195-4D30-97BC-95868BA33A96.jpeg

Fired some Dymax into the cavities and fitted 2 new arch liner.
568518C9-C5BB-44F6-A0DC-72E77DEC998A.jpeg

AF0C93EE-2872-4C14-BB8D-596659D5A31E.jpeg

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
The BG is in fantastic nick underneath but I still want get her preserved so she outlives me!
I got a quote from a very reputable under seal company for the full Dinitrol experience. The reservations I have about this product is no matter how much cleaning and preparation is done prior to application it still looks like you have blasted everything under the car with black tar!
This maybe ok for a Defender but a nice car with some expensive suspension, exhaust, brake parts etc it could be difficult to mask up.
After spending 2 hours with the wheels off and on stands i jet washed 15 years of crud from the under belly.
Going to give her a week to dry off and am going to give this stuff a go. Full update next weekend.

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Very impressed with the Lanoguard.
Sprays on really well, its clear so doesn’t look like your trying hide anything and after 2 hours it’s dried to a satin finish.
The car looks really good underneath and the sills are nice and straight with no corrosion.
4E040996-D76A-41AF-ACDA-3C0D5A2AE429.jpeg
C7AF6E99-EB0F-448F-9A34-5E69F0E64A83.jpeg
5FF69426-A4E3-457F-BA45-E16704D966D4.jpeg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
That lanoguard treatment looks great! How much did you use for the whole car?

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
That lanoguard treatment looks great! How much did you use for the whole car?
Thanks mate. The kit I bought came with a tub of grease a top quality spray bottle and 2 litres of fluid With another spray gun.
I didn’t apply this sparingly and I have nearly 1 litre left over! They are a family run business and feedback was good.
The acid test will be how long this stuff hangs on for. They have a video showing how jet wash proof it is. we shall see.

Reactions: MLB

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
@ajracer what's the piece of foam with the arch liner? I've never seen that on a 1*2 before.
There was 1 each side behind the front wheel arch liner which look like they have not been off before. I guess they were there from the factory to stop the liner moving backwards/rattling and perhaps to stop the muck from travelling down the sill void.