ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alarm battery backup question??

Fiesta ST3
i have taken the battery out the car to charge it i have disconnected the bonnet sensor and locked the car before taking the battery out but now i am wondering if the alarm will go off in the middle of the night if the battery backup runs down??
hope this makes sense:S

p.s couldnt leave it in the car as the car is parked on the street and cant leave a power cable trailing over the pavement..

If the battery runs down what would run the alarm?

Don't worry it won't go off if it hasn't already.

Even with the battery disconnected, the alarm will still go off. We found this out, in the middle of an Austrian campsite, very early in the morning.

It may go off due to the bonnet sensor, I know mine did when I accidentally knocked mine out.

Fiesta ST3
I have disconnected the bonnet sensor so that has closed the circuit so the alarm thinks the bonnet is closed anyway so hopefully that should not be a problem