ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm but no LED?

Clio 1.4 Dynamique +
My car has an alarm fitted (has interior sensors, bonnet switch etc) and works perfectly but where I assume the LED for this is meant to be (next to gear stick), I simply have a hole with a black led surround in it but no actual LED. Is this normal? Should I have an LED? And if so are they east to retrofit?

Thanks,
DaveB

Chances are it's just fallen inside - if you pop the gear lever surround off you should be able to see it

Are you sure the alarm works - as obviously the central locking would still work off the keyfob in the same way even if the alarm had been removed

Clio 1.4 Dynamique +
Nice idea. That hadn't even crossed my mind - I'll have a look later. I take it the surround is easy to pop off?

clio 182
yea it should just pop off mate. As mentioned, its either falled inside or some1 has been prodding with it and pushed it in!

Clio 1.4 Dynamique +
182_Tom, cheers for the input. All sorted. It looks like it had fallen inside. I managed to get to it by taking the ashtray out.