ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm fuse

Focus RS MK2,
Sorry, another alarm thread....

I have located the alarm under the scuttle panel and im now looking for the fuse to remove it as a temporary fix. I believe removing the fuse will stop it from functioning entirely but allow the immobilisor to function, is that right?

Anyway, is the fuse inside the sounder housing? I cant see it!

Thanks.

Focus RS MK2,
Oh right. Bang goes that idea! I cant see these red / white wires that everyone is talking about to reduce sensitivity. Have you any idea how I can disable it? It wont do it via turned the ignition on and off twice, then clicking the remote key.

Nightmare!

Focus RS MK2,
Ok so I traced back some wires from the alarm sounder to the fuse box, unplugged the fuse and success.

Or not. Despite the alarm not arming as per the led not flashing, the immobiliser wont allow the car to start. Must br a fail safe.

Disconnected the battery, fuse back in and all is back to normal. Annoying alarm sounding again. Any ideas?

FF RB 182
Don't lock it... What I used to do with my Fiesta for over 2 years. Somebody only had a nose in the glovebox once. lol

I just cut the wire in the fuse box that fed it power, capped it and ripped the rest out and had no immobiliser problems.

The alarm is not part of the car's loom it is stand alone, except for a bit of tape. Only UK models got them IIRC.

When it won't start what does the red light on the dash do?

Focus RS MK2,
The red light continues to flash whilst the red led next to gear stick never flashes. Interestingly, the central locking button on tje dash has the little red led permanently lit, whether the car is locked or not, whether the keys or enginr is on or not. Its always on. Odd.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Not really, it sounds like you have an issue with your UCH rather than with your alarm itself.

It performs many body related functions of which alarm and door management are ones. Some of the early ph2 units were standalone (meaning they could simply be cut) but the later ones from '03 on interfaced with the UCH and removing the power causes it to faff up the CAN so no start.

It can be removed but the UCH needs the network configuration altering so it will allow the car to start without.

Mick