ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm Problem

I have been experiencing problems with my ’03 Cup. The alarm goes off for no reason (usually 4am). I can’t reset or lock the car as the same happens. So I have to leave it unlocked with the boot ajar. The problem goes away and returns the following night.

Has anybody had this problem and did you find a solution?

Signed - Frustrated

Check the air vents are closed.

Best take it to a dealer though it sound like the typical interier sensors acting up sensitive the dealerships have a simple fix to swop a few wires round to lower the sensitivity of the alarm.

The only other thing it might be is a bad switch but the hyperactive sensors sound like a much more likly cause.

i had a similar problem in my cup, but i found a moth had got trapped in my car, it kept alarming for about 4 nights, then one night i went out and i noticed a small moth flew towards my light inside, i removed it and it never happened again

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 02 March 2005
i had a similar problem in my cup, but i found a moth had got trapped in my car, it kept alarming for about 4 nights, then one night i went out and i noticed a small moth flew towards my light inside, i removed it and it never happened again

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :p :p

If it is the same as the alarm I had in my Dynamique you can switch the interior sensors off by turning the ignition on/off twice just before locking the car - might be worth a try to see if it stops it going off.