ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm Problems :(

ph2 172
hi there!

for some reason when locking my ph2 172 there is a annoying noise for about a minute at which time the red light by the gear stick goes from solid red to flashing as it should. i was looking for a duff fuse today, could taing a fuse out cause this?

thanks in advance

tom

Clio Williams 1, 182,197
Sounds more like a sensor. Check that the bonnet and boot sensors are functioning correctly and also check to see if the interior sensors are set at the right angle. They can sometimes get knocked outta position and cause this problem.

ph2 172
a continous beeping noise. all i have done today is put my sony radio in. first it worked and then it dint, along with the climate control box, the lcd display and it thought the car doors were open.

took it to a car electric place in weston where he joined to wires together on the block that goes between the radio and the cars two connectors. this cured the climate control and door problem but the alarm is still goin tits up. the central cabin light does nt work either!

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
There is something horribly wrong here, nothing you have described has any logical relationship to the faults you describe.

I appreciate you have reported what you can see, but i think you may have a couple of non related issues with the wiring.

I cant for instance understand how the radio connector block can effect the operation of the climate control.

um...im not sure 100% what you mean, but my car used to have this annoying high pitched beep which went on for over a minute, took it in the garage today actually and it turned out to be the sensor in the boot...£10.50 to replace

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Right, like all things electrical, the obvious is sometimes just not that until i press the send button.

I think what you have done, is wire up the Sony unit incorrectly and you have created a false ignition 2 circuit.
This is now holding off some of the circuits that would normally not be live when you remove the ign key.

It sounds like your audio man has done a bodge to fix and has not cleared the original fault.

I would get the set out and see if everything works without it. Then re check which wires are which on the set, bearing in mind the Renault ISO connector is not the same as other cars and not the same as Sony,s connector.

Try that and see what happens..