ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarming PS4 security breach

So I downloaded the PS4 remote play app on my iPhone and I went through the menus and then it said connecting.

Connected to PS4 and it’s not my PS4!! Must be my neighbours I guess! He was in a raid on Destiny and must have wondered what was going on!

I could have deleted his characters, made purchases or anything really.

Quite a strange one!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I wonder if your neighbour is on your WiFi? Thought it initially linked via the network?

I tried to play a fairly basic game on my phone the other day with it and it was pretty difficult. I bet it's pointless even trying to play something like modern warfare.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I wonder if your neighbour is on your WiFi? Thought it initially linked via the network?

I tried to play a fairly basic game on my phone the other day with it and it was pretty difficult. I bet it's pointless even trying to play something like modern warfare.

this, thought it connected to things on the same Wi-fi network.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I check every now and then for the wireless devices that have connected to the router. With no default expiration set, it's easy to have devices (phones, tablets, laptops etc) that have a existing connection to your router that can be many months old.

How many people actually check what they are wirelessly connected to? If it works - they carry on - whether its on their own connection or yours.

Checked connected devices and seemed to be all mine.

Killed off the router and disconnected the wireless and changed the password and everything just in case.

You can use your controller now - screen a bit small though!

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Same as above, it connects only to devices on your internal WiFi network but that also has your PSN account associated to it.

I use it on my phone if I am upstairs with the controller and play Gta V online a fair bit with no problems there is only a small amount of milli seconds of lag between phone and TV.

Have you ever connected their ps4 to your WiFi or your account onto their ps4 for any reason?