ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alex H / 750MC Racing @ Cadwell Park

Decided to make a weekend of heading over to Cadwell Park to see Alex H racing in the 750MC considering we hadn't been there since summer last year. Chose the perfect weekend for it really, apart from sitting on the M62 for hours on Friday afternoon..

564974_10151752667250328_782975327_24227517_525193034_n.jpg

We eventually got there and got a proper BBQ on the go..

DSC00518.jpg

DSC00516.jpg

The next morning Alex was due out for Qualifying, but ended up only making it round three laps before he had a problem with his car. The gearbox mount had come loose, which obviously had to be sorted before his race later that day. Luckily he had completed the required 3 laps to allow him to race..

IMG_9381.jpg

IMG_9350.jpg

IMG_9349.jpg

After a bit of rigging up by Alex and Whiteley, the gearbox was once again secure and we headed out up to the Mountain and Gooseneck to watch the race - bucket of ice, water and beer included.

DSC00505.jpg

DSC00506.jpg

IMG_9631.jpg

IMG_9600.jpg

IMG_9631.jpg

IMG_9634.jpg

After a few laps we noticed his exhaust was hanging on for its life, and eventually I think it dropped off and Alex retired.

IMG_9451.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

We got the BBQ on the go again and watched bits of the F1 qualifying on the big screen..

DSC00503.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

Then had a chat with Alex to find out that he had fixed the exhaust with the help of some other XR2 owners and he was set for racing on the Sunday.

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

He was starting way back on the grid so had some work to do - the car looked to be going well, the race commentery mentioning how much his car was smoking also - then 30 seconds later we overheard "We have just been informed the smoking from Alex Halls car is completely normal", which was greeted by a round of laughs/cheers from the crowd.

I wanted to get some good last pictures for Alex from the Hall Bends and the mountain, he had worked his way up to 10th place, pushing hard and knocking bollards out of his way :cool:

DSC00496.jpg

IMG_9732.jpg

IMG_9782.jpg

IMG_9784.jpg

IMG_9791.jpg

IMG_9792.jpg

IMG_9793.jpg

IMG_9810.jpg

IMG_9758.jpg

IMG_9833.jpg

..and eventually finishing in 10th. After coming back into the paddock the engine sounded a bit worse for wear and upon inspection the dipstick was completely dry, not good! To make things a bit better I think he won the Driver of the Day award which was some good news!

Good weekends close racing from all the classes, Cadwell is still a really good place to go even if you are not on track, especially with the weather that we had this weekend! Couple of others from the weekend...

IMG_9504.jpg

IMG_9386.jpg

IMG_9671.jpg

IMG_9699.jpg

Good to see you again Alex and I hope the car is sorted again soon!

Edition 30
Looks amazing fun! Cadwell is a brilliant track. Haven't been this year yet but will have to get myself down there soon.

Looks like he had a bit of bad luck.

Awesome write-up Jord, saves me a job. Was a good weekend, lots of bad luck, but worked hard for that trophy :)

Here's the vids from Saturday

and Sunday

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a 300mm F4 L, I wanted to get up the top to mess with some panning but it was too sunny so ended up just sitting around the paddock areas lol