ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AlexW's Driveway Antics :)

looks like the best way would be for me to get on the B1502 leading onto the A414 towards Stanstead abbots towards you somewhere.....never been down that way so i might get lost lol.

Not lived in Hertford long so i don't know my way around yet:eek:

Many.
PM me for postcode if you want it :)

Finally getting Terry's 172 back together, so out comes the gazebo again.
d3b246fc71f4f4056e1179e30db01fe4_zps30c2c5d0.jpg

helped by my latest snap on purchase, impact gun :)

Many.
I will have to swing by one day .. i nearly moved to Dunmow !

Its not exactly a 5min trip for you, but Saturday is going to be a big day, considering it's still cold anyway!

If this years anything like last, I'm going to have a constant flow.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
A few from today

6u9a8aqu.jpg

gy7e8e8u.jpg

epu2yza4.jpg

hequ6ahe.jpg

huzuhuhu.jpg

Just a casual saturday lol. Good day chaps @ barrythecat hows your back ha

It was a good day apart from getting stabbed;).(note to self,don't lean on alex's fence again without looking)..was good to meet you guys,i learnt a few things today:)

I will def be coming again alex but will have to use mark as my sat nav for now,i didn't have a clue where i was lol.
Kyle 86 as soon as i sat in the car and out of that wind my back said "thanks"..still feel cold now lol
Hows yours?..you looked in proper pain at one point?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
It was a good day apart from getting stabbed;).(note to self,don't lean on alex's fence again without looking)..was good to meet you guys,i learnt a few things today:)

I will def be coming again alex but will have to use mark as my sat nav for now,i didn't have a clue where i was lol.
Kyle 86 as soon as i sat in the car and out of that wind my back said "thanks"..still feel cold now lol
Hows yours?..you looked in proper pain at one point?

Im glad u had a good time baz. Nice to have a newbie join the group :)

Yeah my back is ok now mate haha @ barrythecat and hows the stab wound lool

i'm looking forward to next saturday,not so much the early start,but should be good :) (surrey)

Hopefully we won't have to negotiate small lakes next time we go lol (alex's)

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Well you can pay on the day so you can see what its like and decide last minute. The good thing is that SRR is independent and have nothing to prove so what they read is what it is.

Many.
Backdating this a bit, haven't had time to post what I've been doing!.

Firstly, got the cup engine out earlier in the week, I had planned to get it out last weekend but between rain, collecting the inferno and the MK meet I didn't get chance

Got most of the bay stripped last weekend and any spare hours I had.
4F639E81-3127-43C6-9516-34DA55A929E1_zpsrkptcevd.jpg

Subframe off
BC82FA64-6FBD-4895-9249-5F6F27B8C32B_zps9zf1hfjd.jpg

Then lowered the engine out carefully.
62B84C76-6672-4CE5-A546-4598B70D22EA_zpsqg57sg4q.jpg

Then stole the box from the cup for Terrys 172 (identical gearbox's luckily!) So got the gazebo out and cracked on with that in the pissing rain.
d3b246fc71f4f4056e1179e30db01fe4_zps30c2c5d0.jpg

Box in...
D006C01C-DF6F-403F-AD2E-C2BE6291F1F3_zpsdsuym0jo.jpg

Then the pics stopped for Terrys as I was just getting it back together, which was bloody horrible in the rain, but I managed to drive it down the road and back Friday night, before everybody turned up Saturday!

As seen above there was a few Clios about lol
2a12e20528ecfe9036c6ce54bf672588_zps6e6852fa.jpg

Then this morning got Terrys finished, just a couple of little bits to tweak and it'll be ready for Thursday's Pitsea meet, and most importantly the Surry Rolling Road Day on Saturday :)
c63143cf20df58171ebea228fdeda1c2_zps06b9fe28.jpg

This meant the inferno could take position.
f80bae729cece94d245581b7e3f804b4_zpsc48b1f7e.jpg

Some of you may know this car came from the Facebook Clio group. The guy wanted it gone ASAP... It was described as having no MOT/Tax, needing an alternator and also having the belts done 1k ago (its on 102k). But the winning feature, is the fact it has Trendlines (factory option).

Now I've had it for a while I know pretty much everything that I have to fix on it, which is a long list!

PAS pump is shot, turn the steering and the belt slips as the pulley is locking up.
Alternator has a dead short.
Rear exhaust hanger is completely gone.
Drivers side window doesn't work
N/S Fog smashed.
Windscreen wiper goes off the screen.
Needs MOT.

Best of all was the fact I turned up to see a completely minging car, inside was full of rubbish, mcdonalds bags and foods, even some fries, the outside was caked in crap and it clearly hadn't been looked after. Also, the cambelt that had apparently been done 1k ago, looked like it hasn't been done in about 5 years, The seller said the Alternator had only failed a couple of weeks prior to me collecting... However, after doing a MOT check online, It's last MOT ran out in November 2012, and the tax shows as running out in April 2012... But, it was very cheap.

I'll do the belts on it, sort everything else out (Helps having the Cup!) and probably sell it on in a couple of months once spring is here.

Saturday, before everybody turned up, I fitted a new seat into the Inferno... Found a pound too!
C9B10C21-787A-4747-A5B2-050040070B4D_zpsetdzurum.jpg

Then asif by magic, My seats in the DCi disappeared....
3A918640-B895-43EC-81F9-A2FCE6DA29A3_zps21jhr2wb.jpg

Then look what appeared....
1A437B7D-A232-4CC6-A687-309D2349DCBD_zpsjxnizvit.jpg

I'll leave them in a couple of weeks and decide if I want to keep them. Otherwise they will be for sale in a month or two.

I think that just about brings this up to date. I plan to play with the Inferno this afternoon, its lovely weather outside.

Many.
Quality write up lol. U spend the pound wisely mate

Keep the trendlines :)

Spent the pound on playing Pool with ParisPeach and his girlfriend Sally.

Unsure on the trendlines yet, Don't go far enough back for me!

Trendlines look great! I really really fancy them for my ph1 :eek:

They are very nice seats. Welcome to sit in them next time I see you (If I still have them!)

I thought it was Paris's, but I was abit confused.

The mcdonalds has epic touch screen table game things to play lol, for kids obviously!

What was you doing in Chelmsford?!

I saw the vid you posted on facebook, such a child lol.

alex you should start selling those bucket seats in the inferno lol

I'd make a mint! Bit high and not very supportive though!