ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alignment Woes - V40 and Crabbing Inside

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hi all

Not a Clio but bear with, this is about my trusty daily V40 steed.

Long story short, had positive camber on the front and was going through tyres like they were going out of fashion. When a spring snapped I thought its time to get it sorted.

So it's had, 2 new (to me) shocks and springs in much better condition than the ones I took off, new drop links, new inner tie rods, new track rod ends and camber bolts fitted for easy adjustment.

I've noticed recently the back end is crabbing, it hasn't always been like this, only in the last month or two and hasn't had a knock or anything. Thought all this new stuff and a proper 4 wheel hunter alignment would sort it out but no.

Car feels worse than before, really unstable at motorway speeds, proper floaty, seems to be crabbing badly and when turning, it'll be fine then feel really loose.

See alignment specs before and after. Also photo that shows the crabbing. Tyres aren't as flat as they look, it's just the little kerby thing they're sat on. But that kerby thing is bang on straight so you can see the crabbing is quite bad.

Thrust angle is also spot on so not sure why it's still crabbing and handling as it is. I'm obviously going back to the place that did the alignment but thought I'd ask the CS.net gurus, who know all, before I do.

IMG_20190301_122720-2188x2917.jpg
IMG_20190301_122745-2188x2917.jpg
IMG_20190305_194001.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Topped them up tonight but as I say, it's because they're on the little kerby bit that it looks worse than what they are.

Ahh sorry misread that bit.

Alignment looks all good, as long as they set the machine up properly.

Could potentially be worn bushes?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Just park it straight you gimp. ?
Couldn't they see it was out like that when it was on the hunter?

Thing is, you can't. When the fronts straight, the back wonky. When the backs straight, the fronts wonky haha.

Thrust angle shows its dead straight which is strange.