ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

all 172 owners beware

172 sport,

just thought id let you know about this letter i received from my renault dealer today

dear mr ****

we would like to remind you that in order tomaintain validity of your 2nd & 3rd year renault network warranty you must ensure your vehicleis serviced in accordance with manufacturers shedules

recently we have become aware of a small number of caseswhere warranties have been voided due to a late service.therfore in order to prevent this happening on a larger scale , please be advised of the importance of these services andwhen they are due.

all renaults with a date of first registration after 17 october 2000 must be serviced either at 18,000 miles or 24 months after date of registration whichever is sooner

one of the most important facts to remember is that you only have a 1000 miles / 1 month courtesy period after the service due point if you go beyond this point then your warranty will become invalid

we trust you find this information of use and if you are unsure in anyway when your service is due please dont hesitate to contact our customer services team on 01702 £££$$$

YOURS SINCERELY

MR MUPPET

so as we all know a 172 gets serviced to a different timetable to all other renaults i.e 12,000 or 24 months

so i gave the customer services a phone just to double check , and the bloke i spoke to said "that is absolutely correct and that they have changed all the renaults to an 18,000 mile 24 month timetable " he even told me that my hand book must have not been reprinted as it obviously has the old service timetable in it

still not totaly sure about all this i phone the salesman i bought it from to tell him my woes ,"hang on chris that dont sound right let me ask our service department" . i hear him ask for the service manager , then ask him what the score is and he says "tell him if he does as that letter says he wont have any warranty on his car as it must be serviced at 12,000 miles or 24 months "

my salesman then says " its a good job you know your car coz i bet theres alot of people thinking they are doing the right thing when actually they will be 6000 miles overdue for there service leave it with me and ill see what i can sought out

well all i can say is unbloodybeleivable what a bunch of t***s these so called customer services team are , they nearly f**ked up my warrantie coz they dont know what there company guidelines are, and then preach to me about the importance of correct servicing times at the same time as giving me the wrong ones brain dead muppets

ok rant over just thought i should let you know so you aint fooled into thinking you have an extra 6000 miles before your due date and end up losing ya warrantie

yogi

oh dear mate, salesmen are t***s at the best of times, but that sort of thing you dont want to get wrong.

cheers for that,

mik

Yep I had the same problem when I booked mine in for its 12K. I nearly had a stand off with the Reception Muppet. "Well well book it in for a service if you really want one - even though its not due till 18K" Jeese thanks Misses!

Muppet.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Yogi - hang on to that letter. If youre ever a few hundred miles late with a service it might save your warranty! Same goes for the V6 I believe. Its actually quite clear in the service book, obviously some of the dealers dont read them very often...

VW Potato

im in for my 6k safety check today which they refuse to do (theyre changing the oil and doing some warranty work, too). So can we please be clear about this - the 172 MUST BE serviced at 12k? If thats correct, what documented evidence is available to prove to the dealer that it has a unique service schedule from the other renos and needs a 12k service?

g

My service book states:

"Clio (except Clio 2.0 16V) service every 18,000 miles (30,000 km) or every 2 years depending on which is reached first. Clio 2.0 16V (Renault Sport) service every 12,000 miles (20,000 km) or every 2 years depending on which is reached first"

This is from page 3 (english bit) of my service manual, and this corrects my previous post on thinking it was 1 year.

Just to add, the major service is at 36,000 miles (60,000 km) for all clios, but 4 years for non 2.0 16V and 6 years for 2.0 16V

Mines just done 8K and the oil was changed at 2,500. Recon I should get it changed again or wait until the 12k? (I wont do it myself - it will go to Renault for it)