ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

all 18 yr olds with valvers

Titanium 182

who are u insured with?!

im no longer insured on my vtr from dec 1st and need to get insured on my clio

i turn 19 on jan 7th and need to get insured now while im 18, for a month as i know where i can be insured as soon as im that old!

i did just swap the insurance polocy over from the saxo and they only wanted 30quid but they have now declined due to my age!

Try TESCO. They insure me for £600 fully comp on my Pug S2 rallye which is a group 11 & i had 6 points at time of insuring. Well worth a try. I also got a quote for a PULSAR off them & it was £1000 fully comp but that was with a £700 excess.

Leon Cupra

Out of interest i went on the DirectLine site for a quote, had a quote on a Cup and a valver the Cup was a few quid over a grand and the valver was only 100 quid less:eek:. Wasnt suprised that the Cup was a grand (because i clamed last year and lost all my NCD) but i would have expected the valver to be a lot less.

Uh! Get this tho..

Im 19, No NCD.. and its 980 fully comp for me on my 1.2.. so how you got 960 at 18 I dunno!

TPFT probably !! Im 18 and have a valver and im with tesco ! Its 2200 fully comp which i thort was OK for fully comp with no excess !!

mine was £1400 f/c last year with no ncd, with cia

but i was 21 at the time,

its now £935 f/c with 1 yr ncd with elephant, but im 22 now

(sorry it dont help you 18 yr olds !!)

tesco are good if you are a student. but as soon as you finish the price goes up considerably - or so it seems for me!!!

Only advice i can give is to shop around whenever renewal time comes!

Might sound like crap advice but i have spent £150+ extra bcos i didnt bother looking around!!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Im insured with a company called "express Insurance" they look through all the little companys for you and get the best quote. Im TPFT all mods declared £775

when i was 18 with 0ncbs and something like 6 months driving, including a pass + for a 3/4 year old 1.2 RL Versailies 8V mk1 phase 2 was £1233 and that was the cheapest so count yourself lucky.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Try Tescos. Im 18 and i pay £850 fully comp on my valver declarin 17s. But then again my mate with an rsi pays £1400!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Try http://www.endsleigh.co.uk/http://www.endsleigh.co.uk/, they aim at students and therefore are cheaper than most of the others if youre under 25 (Ive found anyway).

I am looking at renewing with them because they are much cheaper.

But, also try http://www.confused.com/http://www.confused.com/, they search through about 30 companies, including all the big ones, and should be able to give you a good comparison.

I pay £1300 F/C, but thats with 5 points and 0 NCB and with Direct Line.

I think a lot depends on your post code and the relative crime rates.

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 12 November 2003

Uh! Get this tho..

Im 19, No NCD.. and its 980 fully comp for me on my 1.2.. so how you got 960 at 18 I dunno!
Im 18 with a 1.2 and pay over £3k! Got to love living in Ghettoville..

Titanium 182

i was with norwich union

can people give me adresses of the companys there with please

what im going to do is maybee go tpft for the month im on the road whilst 18 then cancel the polocy and get reinsured when i turn 19

i would be happy to be car less for a month, but my mam isnt happy for me to not have transport around xmas and i start work really early which would be a pig!

iv owned the valver for 4months now and coverd 4 boody miles in it! im getting a twictchy right foot ;)

Titanium 182

yeh

im having problems with all the online quoters atm

some saying im not registerd in the uk lol

il try to more as most finish quoting at 8!

You english ones get it cheap! N.Irealnd 21yrs old, 3years no claims, no points and the cheapest i can get it on a 96 clio is £1250 THIRD PARTY FIRE & THEFT!!!

Monaco 172

<<<<<in the ghetto (cartman style voice)

i got free insurance on my 1.2 16v but cos ive had a crash itll be about 2k for a 19 yr old!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Quote: Originally posted by CraigJ on 13 November 2003

ouch. still costly. Didnt know you were 18 bubbles.
Errr im not, im 19, but thats only a years difference, so i thought i could post, hehe.

been quoted on a valver at £880 fully comp @ 21yrs with 0 NCB and a claim 2 months ago (cheers elephant)

not bad i dont think, considering where i live is officially one of the worst areas in britain

why with elephant am i quoted £3842.82 TPFT?!?!?! thats disgusting! i have claimed for something that wasnt my fault and had 2 convictions but £3842?!?!? f**k me!

yeh but that quote is on a 1.4 RT! i bet all these companies have false details that im a psycho killer or something. i can never understand it, i get quoted obscene amounts with everyone. the only ones i can ever afford (barely) is liverpool victoria. i need to sell my car anyway and buy a derv, i cant afford the petrol!

Titanium 182

right im gonna try the online quotes again to day and hopefully buy a polocy

iv got news now my old deers said i can go behind her for a yr :), i know i wont gain any no claims but dont give fuc k

not bad.Yeah elephant you need to put 10months tpft,add as many named drivers as poss and catch them on a good day!
I think my quote is awesome but cant get insured anywhere else plus it will skyrocket when i get my ban!

Titanium 182

rich why u getin a ban

iv just got of with 3points

was meant to be at court to day theve sacked it off so im safe

whats elephants site?