ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All 197/200’s on the forum. Get in here!

Bleed the clutch when you change the box oil - trust me, it’ll help as that fluid in the clutch circuit will have never been changed since it was filled at the factory! Clutch drag is one of the biggest killers in these gearboxes.
Oh and redline mtl, or redline mt90 is THE best oil for these boxes. 👍🏻

Yes, so I've been hearing. Bought a couple bottle of Red Line MTL 75W80 GL-4 for the change.

Pretty much joined here so that I could speak to you about this when the time comes to do something about it, ha ha.

In reply to your gearbox issue I have a similar issue in 4th crunching, do you or anyone here know someone who can do refurb's that aren't a total rip off at £400+

NorthloopCup, as I quoted above, is as far as I can tell, the goto guy for these gearboxes. And the main reason I signed on here.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
In reply to your gearbox issue I have a similar issue in 4th crunching, do you or anyone here know someone who can do refurb's that aren't a total rip off at £400+
Is £400 a rip off? My Z3 Getrag box cost £650 to refurb when the main bearing began to go.
If all they need are synchros on 3rd and 4th gear, I can sort those out for £280 including parts. It’s extremely rare to see them requiring anything else tbh. That doesn’t cover the cost of removing and refitting the box though. You’d have to bring me the box once it’s out.
Yes, so I've been hearing. Bought a couple bottle of Red Line MTL 75W80 GL-4 for the change.

Pretty much joined here so that I could speak to you about this when the time comes to do something about it, ha ha.

NorthloopCup, as I quoted above, is as far as I can tell, the goto guy for these gearboxes. And the main reason I signed on here.
Yeah or mt90 if you plan on giving it a good hiding on track mate. You’ll not go wrong with either of those oils!
Very kind of you to say - cheers, although you’ll find there’s a whole host of helpful people on here ready and willing to help out with advice on anything from cars to how to wipe your bum properly! 😂😂 Trust, me there’s a thread on here all about it!! Lol

If all they need are synchros on 3rd and 4th gear, I can sort those out for £280 including parts. It’s extremely rare to see them requiring anything else tbh. That doesn’t cover the cost of removing and refitting the box though. You’d have to bring me the box once it’s out.

Yeah or mt90 if you plan on giving it a good hiding on track mate. You’ll not go wrong with either of those oils!
Very kind of you to say - cheers, although you’ll find there’s a whole host of helpful people on here ready and willing to help out with advice on anything from cars to how to wipe your bum properly! 😂😂 Trust, me there’s a thread on here all about it!! Lol

Ha ha. Fold or scrunch?

Yeah, wasn't so much for the advice part. Just thinking I'd get you to do it. I'll see how it gets on with the fluid change first. And maybe try my first track day next year. See how it survives.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ha ha. Fold or scrunch?

Yeah, wasn't so much for the advice part. Just thinking I'd get you to do it. I'll see how it gets on with the fluid change first. And maybe try my first track day next year. See how it survives.
Oh it’s far more involved than that buddy! It’s a CS gold thread - trust me you’ll see it and understand! 😂

Yeah sounds like a plan mate, just don’t let it crunch for too long if it does - that’s where catastrophic damage occurs.

Oh it’s far more involved than that buddy! It’s a CS gold thread - trust me you’ll see it and understand! 😂

Yeah sounds like a plan mate, just don’t let it crunch for too long if it does - that’s where catastrophic damage occurs.

Well, I don't plan to drive this car much. A few hundred miles a month max, plus a couple track days a year. That's the plan. It is very minor just now, and only happens when changing higher in the rev range. Hopefully the quality oil goes someway to helping.

Was planning on seeing how it does around Knockhill next year, and then seeing where we are. Probably be looking to get it done around then.

Clio RS200

Great i'll be in touch when I'm going to remove it? Don't have the tools to do the gearbox internals as I'm a bit agricultural haha.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Do you have a website mate?

Looking for nice examples to send to my friend.

Hi no 200s ATM just a minter R26
6580BEA1-77EB-47BD-9949-E65DAC3073E4.jpeg

Nice, makes me want to get speedlines and the spoiler for mine.

Are the 8" speedlines better and do they rub at all? I'm just on the standard suspension

Ben Cook

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 (2010)

Are the 8" speedlines better and do they rub at all? I'm just on the standard suspension
Never understood the obsession with Speedlines. They are a fair bit heavier than the standard 200 wheels so what’s the point!

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I had the genuine 8J cup racer Speedlines on mine. They took a 225 width tyre with ease.
Speedlines are a MUST.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200

Sorry just seen your question - they’re 7.5j Speedlines with 25mm rear spacer, 20mm front spacers, Bilstein B14 coilovers set low, 215 45 17 tyres with NO rubbing what so ever :)

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Never been a fan of the speedlines myself, mainly the way they seem curve inwards from the centre to the rim. Where as the Silverstone's are the opposite and fill the arches so much better.

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
There's a set of silverstones for sale near me for £80, read they're not all a straight fit though?

It's only the bolt hole doze that's different, M12 or M14 from me, you'll need the M14's. I believe they can be Drilled out but not done it myself.

Clio RS200
It’s got the wrong wheels on it. They’re off the 197 I think.

Other than that mate it looks lovely and I’m looking forward to seeing the progress.

Start a project thread 👍
I want to start a thread, not sure how to do it as it's my first forum.

However it's coming on nicely and is up for sale now for a good new owner ;-)

Attachments

• cilo1.jpg
    cilo1.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 278
  • clio3.jpg
    clio3.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 286
  • clio4.jpg
    clio4.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 302
  • clio5.jpg
    clio5.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 264
  • clio6.jpg
    clio6.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 265

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
So my car is now back on the road after 7 months of being off the road due to an engine change.

Here is a couple of pics of the engine bay. I need to change the induction hose for another colour but apart from that it’s running sweet as a nut at the moment ( touch wood )
And maybe look at running a hose from the induction set up to the brake vent set up and doing a Y piece to connect the two. The 197 lump has been replaced with a low mileage 200 lump with a Pure Motorsport exhaust and polished inlet manifold. It feels like a whole different car!
C1F9BD55-C83D-49B3-9834-00CBA09E7540.jpeg
1ED5BB01-2EA3-4C3F-A588-53CBECBDC436.jpeg
E218E1ED-9320-4274-A9B6-2CB4390B1C49.jpeg

Cheers. No I got it from KTR cars last week. An early Christmas pressie to myself.

Was watching it on autotrader and noticed it was gone now. I remember your first one off of corsa d!

Took mine a run on Sunday since the battery had died and the brakes were needing freeing up

IMG_0688.JPG