ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ALL CUP OWNERS

has anyone had any problems with the paintwork on their cup i.e scratches all over the body work that only seam to come out at night....im going back to renault with this so please can ou help me out..cheers to everyone

Renault Laguna Coupe

Have you tried waxing it? Often the scratches that you describe are in the wax that covers the surface of the paint. Re-wax the car and they disappear!

This happened to my mate when he bought his P1 there were swirls of hairline scratches all over it, it helped caused he owned his own valeting firm, but what he done was to cut back the paint the applied polish to the car and the scratches came out. As for my cup the paint is fine even in the dark. If Renault doesn’t help you out then try a well-known local valeter who can cut the lacquer back and polish it.

I had this prob on the bonnet of my MK1 when I got it. You could only see it at funny angles or in artificail light. Looked like the bonnet had been buffed with fine gravel! Took it back the next day but they never really sorted it. You just dont notice it so badly now becasue of all the stone chips!

This can often be cause when people wash and wax thier cars.

Some people wash their car with sponges - sometimes even only one sponge!!! - and the dirt that gets trapped in the sponge can cause "swirls" especially if you wash in a circular motion. Some people will then even rinse their "loaded" sponge in the bucket that contains their shampoo, instead of into a second bucket of water.

Dont use old t-shirts and rags to polish and wax your car, and def. sont use them to buff off your car.

use applicator pads for applying your polish and wax, and microfibre towels for buffing off.

Most dealer-prep people are monkeys and couldnt clean a car properly if they tried.

Some products to try if you wanna get rid of the swirls are Meguiars #9 Swirl Mark Remover 2 or 3M Imperial Hand Glaze (which helps to hide swirls by filling them).

Face