ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All in one computer

Mk1 focus
I have a Lenovo thinkpad e530 running an HDD i3 processor I think, I'm pretty clueless tbh. It's not a bad laptop just I find them uncomfortable. However I'm looking at AIO's with a decent screen and sound to go on a desk. Few people have said there are shite, just a glorified laptop.

It's only going to be used for light editing and YouTube/forums. No gaming or anything. What would you consider option wise? Cheese.

Budget say £600

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Seem utterly pointless to me.

Not as easy to replace parts/repair as a desktop, and not as portable as a laptop.

Any reason not to use the laptop in shell mode and connect it to external monitor and peripherals?

Mk1 focus
Seem utterly pointless to me.

Not as easy to replace parts/repair as a desktop, and not as portable as a laptop.

Any reason not to use the laptop in shell mode and connect it to external monitor and peripherals?

Great idea. Would that work with the laptop closed? Is that what shell mode means?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, that's what shell mode means, although apparently it's actually clamshell.

Just seems like the best option to me. Problem with an all-in-one is say the screen has issues, you're gonna have to throw away a perfectly good PC because the screens broken. Unless you daisychain a second monitor off it, but then you've got all in one that's a massive screen, pretending to be a desktop.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Does the laptop have USB C?

I have a Dell WD15 Dock for my laptop at work and at home so I just dump my laptop on the desk, connect it and I have 3 screens. Got one spare here too if you need one

Mk1 focus
Does the laptop have USB C?

I have a Dell WD15 Dock for my laptop at work and at home so I just dump my laptop on the desk, connect it and I have 3 screens. Got one spare here too if you need one

No just a normal usb, my mobiles cable is a usb-c with a normal usb on the other end if that makes sense?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
No just a normal usb, my mobiles cable is a usb-c with a normal usb on the other end if that makes sense?
Aye it does, the Dell one wouldn't work as USB-C/Thunderbolt has capability to do everything

You could have a look to see if you can output your laptop to 2 screens via the HDMI port and then just get some wireless peripherals. Itd be easier and cheaper than buying a full nee PC

Mk1 focus
Aye it does, the Dell one wouldn't work as USB-C/Thunderbolt has capability to do everything

You could have a look to see if you can output your laptop to 2 screens via the HDMI port and then just get some wireless peripherals. Itd be easier and cheaper than buying a full nee PC

Cheers mate, think that's the best way to roll.