ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All you 16v/willy owners....

All you 16v/willly owner;

what would you say is the best exhaust for power available for our cars and the best for looks? Reason i ask is that i had a BB system before but found it stuck out to far from the back bumper (although it did spit flames). Ive since gone standard (apart from decat) but am missing some noise.... :D

Opinions please!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Ill second that! I have a Magnex 3" system and i love it! Sounds nice without being to loud! Sits flush with the car and isnt too big!

Pops alot too and thats with my cat on still!

I had a remus exhaust which had a gold coloured tailpipe already on my car when I bought it. I thought it sounded and looked nice. Did tend to drive you mad driving on the motorwat though (continuous drone). Just turned the stereo up!

The Jinx

I have a Magnex that came with the car not fitted, but I plan on getting a Devil. They sound absolutely fvcking lovely. And they were fitted to all the cup racers.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Ive got a powerflow full system w/decat and Im very happy with it, bit of popping but is a touch loud on the motorway. (with no interior)

Find Magnex too boomy at certain revs, which unfortunately happen to be the revs you tend to linger at round town or on a motorway run!

New valver has a full mongoose but I havent heard it "in the flesh" yet!!

Ive got an OMP GrpA system.

Loud, farty, not fancy, not a large bore, steel, CHEAP! lol

Rearbox been replaced with an ally bike can.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Magnex for looks although now finding a little too loud in conjunction with supersprint manifold. Best for power probably supersprint who publish their gains on website or devil.

Magnex came on car when I bought it so cant grumble.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 26 March 2004

Ive got an OMP GrpA system.

Loud, farty, not fancy, not a large bore, steel, CHEAP! lol

Rearbox been replaced with an ally bike can.
Thats what I was going to get but the delivery time was 3-4 weeks . As the car failed its mot on the exhaust , I couldnt really wait . Ended up getting a Magnex which not only sounds better than the old Devil system , but was really easy to fit with no knocking anywhere . Didnt like the near £300 price tag or the poncy tail-pipe though.

Had a Peter Lloyd Rallying competition exhaust on my old rally prepd 205gti which was superb . Finished in matt black steel the whole way through , sounded superb and only cost around £100 .

I had a Mongoose system with a BB de-cat on my old 16V (soon to be Riplashs new wheels). I loved the sound of that. Took ages to hang correctly, but so does the standard system on my Williams.

Id not buy one for power gains, but subtle stainless systems cant be beat for looks and longevity. The tailpipe of the standard back box on my Williams is corroding after only three months! Ill be looking into a custom system that looks like a standard one soon methinks.

I have the K-TEC 4.5" slash cut, quality is very good and over a year later it is still pretty much gleaming, however it was too loud, and when MOT came I put CAT back on instead of the non silenced decat, and its much better, not as loud, but the same quality burble, they are pricey though!